Simple Late Summer Salad with Figs, Sweet Corn and SunGold Tomatoes
I don’t know about you but I refuse to cook in this heat. I’ve been living off of simple summer salads and grilled protein and veggies- which I personally think is amazing for a few reasons:
- These dishes require VERY little effort
- No indoor cooking or oven-use when it’s hot out
- Summer produce is in full swing and so flavorful you don’t need much to make it taste delicious
- Simple AF
- Tasty AF
- Easily digestible
- Pairs well with a glass of chilled wine
My go-to salad I’ve been making as of late fits all of the above categories to a tee. It’s a really random mix of late summer’s best produce- sweet sungold tomatoes (the best), yellow corn, ripe juicy figs, leeks, spinach and avocado (always), but when tossed all together it tastes absolutely ah-MAY-zing.
I like to top it with marcona almonds, and if eating as a complete meal (say for lunch) I’ll add a soft-boiled egg on top for additional fuel/protein. I use my simple, standard lemon vinaigrette because it’s chockful of real, nutrient dense ingredients like detoxifying lemon, olive oil, apple cider vinegar and sea salt + pepper.
You can also sub out ingredients and make it work for you- however I highly recommend leaving the figs in if possible- they’re too good right now to pass up.
This salad literally takes 10 minutes to make (including whipping up the dressing) however if you’re in the mood for that soft-boiled egg don’t forget to factor in a little bit of additional time. Enjoy al fresco with some sparkling rose and you’ve officially made late summer your betch.
Simple Late Summer Salad with Figs, Sweet Corn and Sungold Tomatoes
Serves 1 as an entree 2 as a side
- 1-2 Large handfuls of spinach
- 4 ripe figs, sliced into ¼s
- 1 ear of corn, kernels sliced off
- 1 handful of sungold tomatoes
- ¼ of a large leek, thinly sliced
- ½ avocado, pitted and sliced
- sprinkle of marcona almonds
- optional- 1 soft boiled egg
- Toss with THIS salad dressing
- If making a soft boiled egg get started on that now
- Toss all dressing ingredients together in a blender
- Toss dressing with all salad ingredients tog