Well, it’s official. My waffle-making virginity has been taken. I know, I know- it was about damn time! I’m not sure why I waited so long…I guess I was just holding out for the perfect waffle-maker (or more like for someone to buy me the perfect waffle-maker) which incidentally happened last weekend.
I’m not gonna lie, I was bit intimidated at first. I mean I’ve NEVER made waffles. Is there a secret to getting them right? Would MLB be able to tell this was my first time? I didn’t want to come across as a total inexperienced amateur!
I soon discovered I had nothing to worry about. I had this in the bag. Making waffles is EASY, and surprisingly fun, and the final outcome was pretty much like an orgasm. In my mouth. Although I may switch up some of the ingredients from time to time (gotta keep it interesting right?!) much to MLB’s delight I plan on making these over, and over, and over again.
Vegan, Gluten-Free Banana Waffles
(adapted from Vegan on the Go-Go)
- 2 cups Bob's Red Mill Gluten-Free Pancake Mix
- ½ cup ground flaxseed
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- Pre-heat your waffle iron on medium high heat.
- In a bowl, sift together all dry ingredients (including the nuts).
- Mash the bananas with a fork and mix together with the other wet ingredients. Combine with dry ingredients, stirring well and add water as necessary to reach desired consistency.
- Pour ⅓ of the batter onto the heated iron (until completely covered) and bake until desired texture (crispy on the outside, slightly doughy on the inside) is achieved. Transfer finished waffle to a plate, and repeat with the remaining batter.
- I like my waffles piping hot and buttered (with earth balance) then topped with fresh fruit and grade b maple syrup. But hey, it's your waffle. Do whatever tickles your fancy.
I suggest you don’t wait any longer then you have to. Go on and get some!