If you have your local Thai takeout joint on speed dial (guilty), love comforting, warm bowls of food (yass) or prefer easy meals that don’t require a ton of time or effort (yaaasss) — you’re gonna vibe what I’m putting out today!
Enter in THIS 30-minute Avocado Green Curry with Chicken + Cauliflower Rice — which is super simple to make and practically fool proof (aka pretty much impossible to mess up).
It’s the perfect meal to try out if you’re new to cooking or don’t feel like spending HOURS in the kitchen.
It also doubles as the ideal meal prep hack — just make a huge batch at the start of the week and enjoy bomb.com leftovers you can reheat in minutes when you need fuel fast.
And because it wouldn’t be a So Fresh N So Green Signature Recipe without me mentioning — you can rest assured it’s chock full of nutrients, inflammatory fighting spices, fiber-rich veggies, protein-packed chicken and creamy satiating fats like avocado and coconut to optimize your blood sugar balance, energy levels, hormones, performance, mood and overall happiness.
Because food that tastes good and leaves you feeling good is a game-changer — in every aspect of life. And if you’re like most people I know (aka BUSY) you simply don’t have time to waste not feeling your best.
You just have to start somewhere — and this recipe might just be the right place.
Avocado Green Curry w/ Chicken + Cauliflower Rice
This 30-minute-meal is super simple to make and will rival your Thai takeout joint in terms of both flavor and nutrients.
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 tbsp green curry paste
- 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ - 1 jalapeno pepper, diced (depends on how spicy you like it)
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 head of broccoli, chopped
- 2 cans full-fat coconut milk (I prefer this guar-gum free brand)
- ½ - 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar or coconut nectar (omit if Whole 30 or avoiding sugar)
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos or GF soy sauce
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- 4 organic chicken thighs (pastured if possible) OR for an extra time-saving hack use organic rotisserie chicken
- 1-2 avocados, diced
- Cilantro or fresh basil for topping
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 bag pre-riced cauliflower (can find in most stores either fresh or frozen section) or 1 head cauliflower, chopped
- Heat a large stove-top pot over medium heat. Add coconut oil and onion and saute until cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- If cooking chicken (vs. buying pre-cooked rotisserie chicken) preheat oven to 350, then add in chicken thighs for 20-30 minutes, or until fully cooked through) .
- Add green curry paste to onion mixture, stirring a minute until fragrant, then add ginger, garlic and sea salt and stir for another minute.
- Add jalapeno, bell pepper and broccoli and stir. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add coconut milk, vegetable broth, coconut nectar or coconut sugar, coconut aminos, fish sauce and stir. Bring to a simmer over medium-low heat and cook for 10-15 minutes or until broccoli is cooked through. Stir occasionally.
- While curry and chicken are cooking, heat another stovetop pan with 2 tbsp coconut oil over medium heat. Add in the pre-riced cauliflower or gently pulse chopped cauliflower florets in a food processor and then add to pan. Cook for 5 minutes or until cooked through. Set aside.
- At this time your chicken should be about done cooking. Slice cooked chicken or shred rotisserie chicken and add into the pot, turning off the heat.
- Add in sliced avocado and fresh lime juice and top with cilantro.
- Serve in large bowls with a big scoop of cauliflower rice. You can always leave out the cauliflower rice but I find it adds a nice thick taste and texture to the dish.
- Leftovers will last about 4-5 days in the fridge.
Latest posts by Lauren Chambers (see all)
- CYCLE-SYNCING GUIDE — A Cheatsheet To Understanding + Supporting Your Monthly Menstrual Cycle - May 28, 2020
- How to REALLY Tell If You’re Ovulating + Best Fertility Awareness Methods (FAM) To Track Ovulation - May 21, 2020
- How To Make A Fertility-Boosting Smoothie + Dark Chocolate Strawberry Fudge Smoothie Bowl Recipe - May 13, 2020