If you’ve been reading my blog so far you already know I love me some weekend brunch. This weekend proved no different than the rest, as I had a craving for pancakes that could not be ignored and only Plum Bistro held the cure.
This Capitol Hill-based bistro serves stacks of vegan AND gluten-free pancakes (a combo quite difficult to come by) in a variety of flavors (chocolate pistachio and pomegranate kiwi?!!) that actually taste good. Like really good. I might even go so far as to say their pancakes are the second best pancakes I’ve ever had. The best being mine.
Don’t believe me? Try them for yourself and see.
Vegan & Gluten-Free Pumpkin Pancakes
adapted from The Whole Life Nutrition Kitchen
1. Mix dry ingredients together in one bowl.
2. Mix wet ingredients together in another bowl. Make sure the coconut oil or butter is melted and the egg replacer has already been mixed.
3. Whisk together wet and dry ingredients. I typically add almost ½ cup of water to thin out the mix a bit.
4. Heat the coconut oil in a frying pan on medium high heat and scoop batter out in ¼ measurements and pour on the hot skillet. Cook a couple minutes on each side or until the bottoms are golden brown. I like cooking mine on a slightly higher heat so the edges get crispy.
These are so easy to make it’s not even funny.I serve my hot cakes with earth balance & grade b maple syrup. Sometimes, if I’m feeling really decadent, I’ll even make a side of tempeh bacon.
Meat-lovin’ boyfriend requests these pancakes almost every weekend. Although he likes his with a side of bacon (and not of the tempeh variety).
Disclaimer– I don’t have a photo of my own pancakes to post yet, but I promise you they look almost as pretty as Plum’s. So don’t be shallow and eat up.
Latest posts by Lauren Chambers (see all)
- These Paleo Pumpkin Muffins Have Healthy Gut-Boosting Benefits - September 11, 2019
- 5 Easy Ways To Make Your Toast Healthier + Apple Cinnamon Crunch Toast Recipe - September 5, 2019
- Your Guide On Cooking For Natural Hormone Balance - August 30, 2019