Summer Salad of Roasted Peach, Poblano and Corn with a Honey Pistachio Dressing
In the words of one of my fave food bloggers, Thug Kitchen, “It’s peach season bitches!” Which is only like, the best. season.ever. Because honestly, who doesn’t love peaches?! (I mean, there’s a pretty famous song written about them and everything).
This time of year I eat at least a peach a day. In smoothies, baked oatmeal, on salads, in sauces, grilled, raw, over the kitchen sink. It’s ALL good.
But my new-found favorite way to eat it is roasted with sweet corn and poblano peppers and topped with avocado, heirloom tomatoes, basil and pistachios. Toss it with greens and a honey pistachio vinaigrette and your taste buds won’t even know what to do with themselves. It’s that different, but that good. Sweet, flavorful, fresh, complex and totally in season. I topped the MLB’s salad with goat cheese and he thought that ish was the bomb.com (no but really, he said it was “the bomb.”)
Little did he know that while he was savoring his salad he was also eliminating dark circles and wrinkles, improving eyesight, purging his kidney of toxins, losing weight, getting a healthy dose of vitamins, antioxidants and fiber, and preventing cancer and heart disease. Because besides being delicious peaches help to do all of the aforementioned above.
So really, what are you waiting for? There are millions of peaches out there, and unfortunately they’re not just for me (or free), despite what the Presidents of the United States of America may claim.
Roasted Peach, Poblano and Corn Salad with a Honey Pistachio Dressing
- 2 tree-ripened peaches, chopped
- 3 ears of corn, shucked
- ½ poblano pepper, diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- sea salt
- 2 large handfuls of salad greens
- ¼ cup chopped basil
- ¼ cup roasted pistachios
- 1 avocado chopped
- ½ cup heirloom cherry tomatoes, cut in ½
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp roasted pistachios
- 1 ½ tbsp honey
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Preheat oven to 425. Toss peaches, poblano pepper and corn in a pan with 2 tbsp olive oil and sea salt. Roast for 15 minutes, flip and roast another 15 minutes. Broil an additional 2-3 minutes until corn is slightly charred.
- While your fruit and veggies are roasting through dressing ingredients into a blender and blend.
- Assemble other ingredients into a large bowl. Top with the roasted fruit and veggies and toss with the dressing.
If I had my way I’d eat peaches every daaaaaaaaay….