Now that it’s offish fall, my insta has been blowing up with images of boots and sweaters, farmers markets filled with squash and apples, and obviously all things pumpkin spice (latte) #PSL.
And although summer was amazing (literally the best summer of my life) I can’t help but be so excited for fall. A time of transitions, fresh starts, new beginnings…..and squash (sorry not sorry).
I’ve been embracing this fall with renewed vigor and have already been putting a plethora of seasonal recipes to the test. Let’s just say the results have been off.the.charts.
So I thought it only fair to share.
These are a classic, super easy to make and a mega crowd pleaser (the MLH is a HUGE fan). Top with blueberries, peanut butter and maple syrup and your brunch game will be seriously strong.
2. Butternut Squash Pizza (GF/Vegan)
Full disclosure- I haven’t actually made this yet. But I’m going to (because how could you not?!) Pizza? Good. Chickpeas? Good. Butternut squash sauce? GOOOOOOOD.
3. Maple Vanilla Quinoa Porridge with Fresh Figs (GF/ Vegan)
I am legitimately obsessed with figs- to me they are nature’s candy and nature’s candy tastes delicious AF. This recipe is a great breakfast idea but I’ve also substituted figs in for my coconut oatmeal and it was bomb.com.
4. Burns So Good Smoothie– (GF, Vegan)
This smoothie (which was the winner of a recipe contest Jujubeet and I created) has ALL.THE.FALL flavors- sweet potato, orange, ginger, turmeric and warming spices like cayenne, so it’s the perfect compromise on a brisk fall day. Visit any of Jujubeet’s three locations to try one out.
5. Golden Chana Masala– (GF, Vegan)
I am a sucker for chana masala (hearty chickpea stew! those spices! that flavor!) but this golden hue totally stole my heart (not to mention it takes advantage of end of summer produce like tomatoes, so you’ll want to make this one ASAP).
6. Toasted Pumpkin Muesli– (GF, Vegan)
This stuff is my jam. You can easily make it ahead and eat it as a quick delish brekkie or snack on the go. I prefer it with coconut yogurt or soaked over night in almond milk.
7. Chipotle Apple Sweet Potato Salad (GF, Vegan w/o cheese)
This salad is the perfect transitional recipe with it’s incorporation of late summer corn and early fall bounty of apples and sweet potato. The chipotle adds just the right amount of flavor and spice and nights are still warm enough to enjoy just a salad for dinner.
8. The.Best.Soup.EVAR. (aka creamy butternut squash soup) (GF, Vegan)
For the record this title still holds true (at least in the MLH’s opinion). Try it out and see for yourself.
APPLE.OATMEAL.PANCAKES. Nuff said.
10. Golden Glowing Latte – AKA Anti-Inflammatory Brain Fuel (GF, Vegan)
I think I speak for the majority here when I say #butfirstcoffee. This latte will get your day started right and keep it tight with anti-inflammatory ingredients like turmeric and circulation and mental capacity- boosting omega-3 and 6 fatty acids (from the hemp milk). Vastly different from the chemical and sugar-induced high you’d get from the traditional #PSL- (sorry not sorry Starbucks).
Latest posts by Lauren Chambers (see all)
- CYCLE-SYNCING GUIDE — A Cheatsheet To Understanding + Supporting Your Monthly Menstrual Cycle - May 28, 2020
- How to REALLY Tell If You’re Ovulating + Best Fertility Awareness Methods (FAM) To Track Ovulation - May 21, 2020
- How To Make A Fertility-Boosting Smoothie + Dark Chocolate Strawberry Fudge Smoothie Bowl Recipe - May 13, 2020