5-Minute Sweet Potato Breakfast Bowl (Vegan/ Paleo/ Whole30 Approved)
This fall, it’s all about cozy meals in a bowl for me.
Soups, oats, grain bowls, smoothie bowls, buddha bowls, veggie bowls and as of late the BREAKFAST BOWL.
It’s a pretty simple concept, but there’s major room to get creative.
But my current fave way to eat breakfast in a bowl?
With a sweet potato.
Because they’re so easy to make, they’re ridiculously inexpensive, they’re totally seasonal and they are the best-tasting, easiest way to sneak a vegetable into your meal (moms you’re gonna wanna try this trick).
I’ve been obsessed with sweet potatoes forever due to their sweet and starchy flavor profile (my two vices, hands down). But lucky for me they’re incredibly filling with tons of fiber and insanely nutrient-dense (especially in vitamin A which is key for a healthy immune system, vision and wrinkle prevention). AKA BEST.FOOD.EVER.
But back to my current fave way to enjoy them, which is baking them until soft and gooey and then mashing them in a breakfast bowl with all sort of other tasty goodness.
I like to pair mine with these four other ingredients for a super simple, super power meal:
- Forager Project Creamy Dairy-free Cashew Yogurt (you could use any other unsweetened coconut or almond yogurt or whole fat greek yogurt) for that good healthy gut bacteria and tangy, smooth taste
- Nutiva Organic Extra-Virgin Coconut Oil for it’s anti-bacterial, anti-viral, anti-microbial properties and fat-burning healthy fats
- Wildway Coconut Cashew Paleo Granola (only naturally sweetened with dates and no yucky chemicals or weird ingredients) for a hint of crunchy sweetness
- Wild Friends Classic Creamy Almond Butter– (the only ingredients are dry roasted almonds + salt- score!) for it’s boost of protein, vitamins and creamy, nutty taste and texture
Oh and I also typically like to douse it with cinnamon for it’s flava flave and an easy way to boost my metabolism.
I almost forgot to mention besides baking the sweet potato prior (I like to do a bunch on Sunday and eat them throughout the week) this breakfast literally takes less than 5 minutes to make and requires NO other cooking!!!
So it’s perfect before you’re running out the door for work, a quick snack after the gym, or for the kids before school. Or if you just want something easy, healthy and delicious to eat. Which is pretty much an all day erey day situation for me.
5-Minute, 5-Ingredient Sweet Potato Breakfast Bowl
- 1 small sweet potato, baked + skin removed
- ¼ cup Forager Project Creamy Dairy-free Cashew Yogurt
- ¼ cup cup Wildway Coconut Cashew Paleo Granola
- 1 tbsp Wild Friends Classic Creamy Almond Butter
- 1 tbsp Nutiva Organic Extra-Virgin Coconut Oil
- Optional: sprinkle of cinnamon or Himalayan pink sea salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and place whole sweet potatoes with skin on in oven for an hour and a half (could be more or less depending on the size). Turn halfway through.
- Once done, let cool. Scoop sweet potato flesh out of skin to use in bowl ( PRO-tip : I like to do this step ahead of time and bake a bunch of sweet potatoes at once to have them ready to go throughout the week).
- Mash warm flesh with tbsp of coconut oil in a bowl, then top with cashew yogurt, granola, almond butter and cinnamon (or whatever other whole food toppings you prefer).
That’s it. Seriously, that’s all you need to do! You’re officially a breakfast bowl goddess.