So if you’re reading this you’ve obviously noticed by now that So Fresh N So Green just got a pretty MAJE face lift (all natural of course ;)). This has been a total labor of love (not to mention a long time coming) and I could not be more excited to show off the new look! I hope you enjoy the updated blog layout as much as I do and I’d love ANY feedback ( I effing love it, what the eff is up with this?)…. it’s all welcome so don’t be shy, betches! I also want to give a shout out to the lovely Julie Sherman at Blogger Boutique– this would not have been possible without her. If you’re looking to customize or start your own blog I highly recommend her services. (PS- I know there are some adjustments that still need to be made, so just bear with me as I make some tweaks here and there).
Now, onto the delish ish. In honor of the re-launch of So Fresh N So Green I’ve got an extra special recipe for you. It’s really easy, really healthy and tastes YUMMAZE (duh). My roasted cauliflower and chickpea tacos with a whipped jalapeno yogurt sauce (Greek style cultured coconut yogurt to be exact) are unique enough that you can serve them when you’re trying to impress or throw together when you’re hungry and in a hurry (they take just about 30 minutes). The spicy roasted cauliflower and chickpeas are super filling and flavorful (full of protein and fiber) and are the perfect compliment to the cooling yogurt sauce. Pile it in a gluten-free corn tortilla and top with avocado, red cabbage, radish and cilantro for a seriously bomb.com taco.
Oh and BT Dubbs- Cauliflower is not only insanely delicious (especially roasted) but high in b vitamins and fiber, low in calories and helps to prevent chronic inflammation, protect against heart disease and has been been linked to a significant reduction in the risk of cancer. I’ve never needed an excuse to eat a taco, but now you don’t have a single one NOT to.
Vegan Roasted Cauliflower and Chickpea Tacos with Whipped Jalapeno Yogurt Sauce
- 1 large head cauliflower (purple if you can find it) rinsed, dried and chopped into small florets
- 1 can organic chickpeas, drained, rinsed and dried
- 3-4 tbsp olive oil
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional, if you like spice)
- Gluten-free corn tortillas
- red cabbage, chopped
- cilantro chopped,
- radish, sliced
- avocado, sliced
- lime wedges
Vegan Whipped Jalapeno Yogurt Sauce adapted from Love and Lemons
- 1 single size carton (about a cup and ½) Greek style cultured coconut yogurt (I like SoDelicious)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ¼-½ chopped jalapeno (depends on level of spiciness you want to achieve)
- 1 tbsp honey (use apple honey or maple syrup for vegan)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp ginger, minced
- ½ lime, squeezed
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Toss chopped cauliflower florets and chickpeas together with remaining ingredients (see olive oil and spices) and put in a large foil lined pan (or two). You want to make sure mixture is able to spread out so that it can caramelize (when the veggies are overcrowded in the pan they will steam and you don’t achieve that roasted texture). Cook for 30 minutes, flipping half way through.
- While your veggies are in the oven set to work on your sauce. Place all sauce ingredients together in the blender and voila- you’re done.
- Assemble your taco fixin’s. This can be whatever you want but I found that chopped red cabbage, sliced avocado and radishes, fresh cilantro and a squeeze of lime juice really complimented the flavors in the filling and sauce.
- Once fillings are done cooking spread some sauce on warmed tortillas and place cooked veggies in the middle. Top with fixings and devour.
- Modern Fertility Prenatal Multivitamin Review + What To Look For When Choosing A Quality Prenatal MultiVitamin - June 15, 2021
- Seed Cycling For Fertility + Fertility Boosting Recipes: Maple Cinnamon Granola + Strawberries N’ Cream Parfait - June 7, 2021
- Progesterone Boosting Foods, Recipes & Tips + No-Bake Banana Bread Balls with Cardamom Cream - May 24, 2021