Quick Summer Berry Tart w/ CBD “Cream Cheese” Frosting + Graham Cracker Crust (GF/DF)
If you guys have been following along on the blog for awhile, you know I’m a huge fan of CBD.
While I firmly believe in a holistic approach to health (i.e. there is no one magic cure-all, pill or silver bullet) I’ve been incorporating CBD into my daily routine for the past few months and noticed many benefits.
I can honestly report I’m in a better mood, I sleep more soundly, my digestion has improved, and I feel as though I’m able to cope with anxiety and stressful situations more easily.
And while I do also practice many other habits that I believe contribute to these positive side effects, (such as eating and cooking real, nutrient dense foods, practicing a morning and nightly routine, daily exercise/movement, etc.) incorporating CBD into delicious recipes has become a really enjoyable ritual for me. It literally takes FEEL-GOOD-FOOD to a whole new level.
But before you jump on the CBD wagon, just as with any other purchase, I strongly encourage you to do your homework to ensure you’re getting a high quality product that actually works.
Check out this post on everything you need to know in order to optimize your experience with CBD. You can also check out my favorite CBD Product (along with a review) here.
And then, onto the best part. Using your CBD hemp oil to make this insanely easy and delicious summer berry tart with “cream cheese” frosting and graham cracker crust.
It takes 15 minutes to make (plus a couple hours of chilling), is gluten and dairy-free and loaded with stress/anxiety/depression-reducing + mood-boosting ingredients (including CBD, obvi).
Make it now to get the most of this season’s produce and maximize your summer chill.
Quick Summer Berry Tart w/ Graham Cracker Crust + CBD "Cream Cheese" Filling
Take "feel good food" to a whole new level with this insanely easy and delicious summer berry tart with stress-reducing + mood-boosting CBD "cream cheese" frosting and graham cracker crust.
For The Crust:
- 1 package/box of gluten-free graham crackers (about 1 ½ cups)
- ¼ cup melted grass-fed ghee
For the CBD "Cream Cheese" Frosting
- 1 cup Kite-Hill Dairy-Free Cream Cheese
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 droppers (approximately 2 tsp) Hemp CBD Elixir (use code sa_lauren20 to save 20% off your first purchase)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice (or 1 small lemon, juice squeezed)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
For the Berry Topping:
- ¼ cup seasonal berries of choice or cinnamon berry compote
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Add graham crackers to a food processor and process until you achieve a fine meal. Then add melted ghee and pulse to combine.
- Distribute evenly along the bottom of a 9-inch pie pan. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove and set aside to cool.
- While pie crust is baking, add all frosting ingredients to a bowl and mix with beaters (or a blender) and mix until smooth.
- Once pie crust has cooled, use spatula to evenly spread filling out over crust, then place in the freezer for two hours to chill.
- Top with fresh summer berries or a berry compote. Option to garnish with coconut shavings and mint. Keep chilled in the fridge for up to a week (if it even lasts that long :)).
Latest posts by Lauren Chambers (see all)
- CYCLE-SYNCING GUIDE — A Cheatsheet To Understanding + Supporting Your Monthly Menstrual Cycle - May 28, 2020
- How to REALLY Tell If You’re Ovulating + Best Fertility Awareness Methods (FAM) To Track Ovulation - May 21, 2020
- How To Make A Fertility-Boosting Smoothie + Dark Chocolate Strawberry Fudge Smoothie Bowl Recipe - May 13, 2020