This one’s for all the moms out there.
I have mad respect for you. You have a tough job- but somebody’s gotta do it. And you do. Every single day. And you kick-ass. Every.single.day. So you, at the very least, deserve a day dedicated totally to you. You deserve to #TREATYOSELF.
And IMO there’s no better way to treat yoself (or treat yo mama, or baby mama, etc.) than by indulging in this strawberry rhubarb oatmeal bake with some whipped coconut cream.
Because it’s delicious.
And nutritious (tons of fiber and protein from gluten-free whole grains, pecans and hemp milk).
And seasonal (filled with fresh strawberries and rhubarb).
And super easy to make (only 10 minutes prep time and the rest of the time is oven time).
And will leave you satisfied (without feeling sluggish) so you have tons of energy to chase after this kiddos. Or not (because you’re chillaxin’ at the spa where you should be ;)).
Plus everyone knows the way to a woman’s heart is through her stomach. Duh.
Strawberry Rhubarb Oatmeal Bake
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, chopped
- 1-2 Rhubarb stalks, chopped
- 3 cups certified gluten-free oats
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 cups hemp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup pure grade b maple syrup
- 6 tbsp earth balance (vegan butter) or coconut oil, melted
Coconut Whipped Cream
- 1 can coconut cream, cooled in fridge at least 24 hours
- 2 tbsp grade b maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375. Combine all dry ingredients (except for fruit) in a bowl and mix well.
- Mix together wet ingredients in a separate bowl and then stir in with dry ingredients. Add in fruit and continue to mix.
- Line baking pan with parchment paper and grease with coconut oil. Pour mixture into pan and bake at 375 for 45-50 minutes, until oatmeal bake is firm and top is golden brown.
- While oatmeal is baking add coconut cream ingredients together in a bowl and whip with beaters until stiff.
- Serve warm berry oat bake with chilled whipped coconut cream and additional maple syrup.
Whose your mom’s favorite now? That’s right- YOU ARE.