Let me just start out by saying that this creamy, dreamy chocolate avocado vegan milkshake will most def bring all the boys to the yard……
Not only does it have an unreal chocolate pudding-like taste and texture (similar to having dessert for breakfast but minus the guilt) but it also has a plethora of nutrient dense ingredients with amazing health benefits (we’re talking glowing skin, gorgeous hair, strong nails, etc.)
I first had a similar smoothie from JuicePress in NYC and was blown away by the light, airy texture, delish but not too sweet taste and the list of fat-burning ingredients. I knew immediately upon drinking it I had to go home and try to recreate it, and I gotta say my version is pretty damn good.
Now let me just caution you this shake recipe is a bit more advanced-as in it has 12 ingredients. If you’re willing to go out and buy all the ish (easily found at Whole Foods) you will have yourself the perfect treat whether you’re in need of some detoxing, a pre/post workout treat, an energizing start to your day, or just something sweet without sabotaging your healthy streak. It’s also amazing as a smoothie bowl topped with granola, coconut shavings and fresh fruit.
Before we get to the recipe- let’s just examine a few reasons why this shake is so much better than an Oreo McFlurry…
- It includes all forms of coconut (oil, water AND meat- which sounds intimidating but can be found in the freezer section pre-chopped at Wholefoods). I think one of my most favorite things about coconuts (particularly the oil) is that they contain medium chain triglycerides which have been shown to increase 24 hour energy expenditure by as much as 5%, potentially leading to significant weight loss over the long term
- It gets it’s chocolatey taste from cacao powder, which contains the mood improver, anandamide – known as the bliss molecule, which creates a feeling of euphoria (I mean who doesn’t want that side-effect?!)
- It has acai berry– which is an antioxidant-rich fruit known for its healing, immune-stimulating, and energy-boosting properties
- It’s got avocado which is one of my favorite foods ever! These babies are loaded with fiber, potassium and heart-healthy monounsaturated fatty acids which can reduce inflammation and help you absorb other nutrients from plant-based foods
So without further adieu, the shake dreams are made of…
Creamy Dreamy Chocolate Avocado Vegan Milkshake
(serves depending on how hungry you are :))
- 3 cups coconut water
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 pack frozen acai berry
- ½ packed frozen coconut meat
- ½ avocado
- ½ cup cashews
- ½ cup ice
- ⅓ cup cacao powder
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla
- 1 sprig fresh mint
- Toss all ingredients together in a high speed blender and blend baby, blend. Quick Tip- if you don’t have a high speed blender I recommend blended the coconut water with the other ingredients first, then adding the frozen ingredients and blending again. This will help with mixing.
- Revel in your amazing shake and go fend off all those boys now in your yard- you’re not sharing when it’s this good.
- Modern Fertility Prenatal Multivitamin Review + What To Look For When Choosing A Quality Prenatal MultiVitamin - June 15, 2021
- Seed Cycling For Fertility + Fertility Boosting Recipes: Maple Cinnamon Granola + Strawberries N’ Cream Parfait - June 7, 2021
- Progesterone Boosting Foods, Recipes & Tips + No-Bake Banana Bread Balls with Cardamom Cream - May 24, 2021