Wanna know a secret?
People will automatically like you more if you supply them with freshly baked chocolate chip cookies. It’s just pretty much a given. And you’ll get serious bonus points if you can figure out a way to make them healthy and still taste good.
Which is exactly what I’ve done for you — because you deserve to eat food that not only tastes good, but makes you feel good too. Food that optimizes your health and well-being, not detracts from it.
Because you’re busy my friend — and you have important things to do in this world. And when you fuel your body with the right foods you have more energy, strength and focus to perform optimally in business, athletics, your home, community and life in general. So let’s stack the deck in your favor.
Granted cookies are probably never going to be the most optimal fuel for your body and mind, but we’re pleasure-seeking humans and we all need to treat ourselves every now and again. A life rooted in rules, diets and deprivation is no life at all. Enter in your new healthy sweet-tooth fix — these Paleo Salted Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies.
They’re only 9-ingredients, so easy to make (30 minutes max, 15 minutes of that is baking time) and every single ingredient in there is clean (i.e. real). They’re also grain-free and dairy-free, making them easy to digest for most people (inflammation and gut issues caused by gluten, grains and dairy are unfortunately very common). Best of all — they taste awesome, or as the MLH (meat-lovin’ husband) likes to say “They taste like a healthy cookie…but a damn good healthy cookie.” LOLZ.
Oh and when I say crowd-pleasing, I mean it. I brought these babies to a corporate health fair as well as the Renew event I spoke at last week and they were a major hit on both occasions. So next time you’re hosting guests, attending a party/event, or just craving some healthy, damn good cookies you’ve got your bases totally covered (and your popularity vote secured ;)).
Crowd-Pleasing Paleo Salted Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 ½ cups Bob's Red Mill Paleo Baking Flour (or 2 cups almond flour + ½ cup coconut flour)
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup coconut or olive oil (tried and loved both ways, the coconut oil adds a bit more sweetness while olive oil adds earthiness)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup Lily's Dark Chocolate Chips
- Sprinkle of Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl and stir until well-combined. I like to mix in order of ingredients (so dry ingredients, followed by wet, followed by chocolate chips -- IMO it just mixes together easier this way).
- Line a large baking pan with parchment paper and roll cookie dough into small balls (you can make larger if you want but I prefer the mini-cookies), place them on parchment paper evenly spaced.
- Sprinkle more sea salt on top and bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
- Remove, cool and eat.
- Hormone Balancing Smoothie Formula + Recipes - January 20, 2021
- First-Trimester Pregnancy Hormone Balancing Tips: How to Reduce Nausea, Fatigue + Other Hormonal Symptoms - January 6, 2021
- How to Naturally Balance Your Hormones with B Vitamins - January 4, 2021