I woke up the day after Valentine’s Day with a bit of a food hangover after OD’ing on one too many chocolate cupcakes (vegan + gf, obvi) . I needed something warm & cleansing to wipe the slate clean and help me recover immediately. Enter in this detox tea recipe courtesy of nutritional guru (and my idol) Kimberly Snyder. Please believe me when I say she really knows her stuff (just google her if you don’t).
This tea is chockful of superstar ingredients that each have a critical role in helping us reach our full health and beauty potential. It’s hydrating and full of vitamin c (essential for wrinkle-free skin), helps restore the liver (one of our biggest detoxifying organs) and promotes digestion and circulation (which ultimately means it will remove toxins to promote skin health). It’s basically a facial in a mug. But much cheaper. And it takes 10 minutes.
Drink Yourself Beautiful
- 1 heaping tbsp. of ginger, peeled and sliced
- Filtered water
- Juice of half a lemon
- Cayenne pepper (a sprinkle)
- Stevia to sweeten (about 5 drops)
- Peel and slice the ginger into small chunks (but not TOO small or you’ll get floaters- gross). Toss ’em in the bottom of your mug.
Heat your pot of water until it's just reaching boiling point. Pour into your mug and let it steep for a couple of minutes.
Once it's cooled, squeeze in the juice of the lemon, sprinkle in the cayenne and add your stevia to sweeten.
Now you’re lookin’ fabulous!
- Healthy + Easy Weeknight Meal: Sheet Pan Chicken Nuggets, Sweet Potato Fries + Quick Chipotle Aioli - July 15, 2020
- No-Bake Postpartum Monster Cookie Dough Balls (GF/DF) - July 7, 2020
- Fertility Boosting Foods Guide - June 28, 2020