I woke up the day after Valentine’s Day with a bit of a food hangover after OD’ing on one too many chocolate cupcakes (vegan + gf, obvi) . I needed something warm & cleansing to wipe the slate clean and help me recover immediately. Enter in this detox tea recipe courtesy of nutritional guru (and my idol) Kimberly Snyder. Please believe me when I say she really knows her stuff (just google her if you don’t).
This tea is chockful of superstar ingredients that each have a critical role in helping us reach our full health and beauty potential. It’s hydrating and full of vitamin c (essential for wrinkle-free skin), helps restore the liver (one of our biggest detoxifying organs) and promotes digestion and circulation (which ultimately means it will remove toxins to promote skin health). It’s basically a facial in a mug. But much cheaper. And it takes 10 minutes.
Drink Yourself Beautiful
- 1 heaping tbsp. of ginger, peeled and sliced
- Filtered water
- Juice of half a lemon
- Cayenne pepper (a sprinkle)
- Stevia to sweeten (about 5 drops)
- Peel and slice the ginger into small chunks (but not TOO small or you’ll get floaters- gross). Toss ’em in the bottom of your mug.
Heat your pot of water until it's just reaching boiling point. Pour into your mug and let it steep for a couple of minutes.
Once it's cooled, squeeze in the juice of the lemon, sprinkle in the cayenne and add your stevia to sweeten.
Now you’re lookin’ fabulous!
Latest posts by Lauren Chambers (see all)
- Healthy Sea Salt + Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls (Buckeyes) - November 12, 2019
- Gut-Friendly, One-Pot African Peanut + Sweet Potato Stew - November 6, 2019
- Healthy Pumpkin Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough - October 28, 2019