Cauliflower Crack Tacos with Quick Chipotle Aioli (GF/DF/Paleo)
The MLH (meat-lovin’ hubby) and I have a serious love affair with tacos.
They’re easy, they’re satisfying, they’re delicious and there’s a million different options and combos so they never get boring.
Additionally — and contrary to popular belief — they can be totally healthy too. It’s all about using quality protein, fresh seasonal veggies and a dose of satiating healthy fat (hello guacamole).
While my go-to’s include my sweet potato tacos during fall/winter months — one of my most popular recipes of all time — and my 5-ingredient grilled fish tacos during spring/summer months, I decided it was time to switch it up a bit, and thus these cauliflower crack tacos were born.
For those of you that haven’t yet tried my cauliflower crack recipe — just do it. All you have to do is toss cauliflower with avocado oil, loads of garlic, sea salt and pepper and then roast on high heat (425) until the florets get all crispy and caramelized and crunchy (yuuuummmm). Don’t forget to scrape all the little crunchy bits out of the pan as those are the best part.
Then simply toss the cauliflower in a lettuce wrap or tortilla (Siete grainless tortillas are my absolute fave) and drizzle with this quick chipotle aioli for some smokey, creamy, spicy flavor. Top with some sliced avocado, radish, cilantro and fresh lime juice for good measure.
And voila! Dinner on the table in 30 minutes, using only 10 ingredients, with minimal work and zero prep time required. And I know I don’t have to remind you that this is a super nutrient-dense and digestive-friendly dinner option rich in vitamins, minerals, fiber and healthy fat. If you’re craving some additional protein just add some roasted chicken or chickpeas.
Pairs well with a chilled glass of Topo Chico or Rose :).
Cauliflower Crack Tacos w/ Quick Chipotle Aioli
- 1 large head of cauliflower, rinsed and chopped into small florets
- 4 tbsp avocado oil (swap with grass-fed butter or ghee if you like)
- 4-8 cloves minced garlic, the more the better!
- ½ tsp sea salt
- black pepper to taste
Quick Chipotle Aioli
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, minced (add more depending on how spicy you like it)
- ½ cup clean avocado oil mayo (like Primal Kitchen)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ lime, squeezed
- 1 tsp honey
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- black pepper to taste
- Butter lettuce wraps or Siete Grainless tortillas
- Sliced avocado, radish, lime juice and cilantro for topping
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a baking pan toss together cauliflower crack ingredients and roast for 30-45 minutes. You want the cauliflower to be golden-brown, crispy and caramelized so try broiling for a couple of extra minutes at the end.
- While cauliflower is roasting, whip together your chipotle aioli ingredients. I prefer using a food processor as it mixed the chipotle pepper really well. Set aside.
- Get your toppings ready (slice avocado and radish, lime etc) and steam or warm tortillas if using.
- Top tortillas or lettuce wraps with aioli, cauliflower crack and top with toppings of choice. Easy Peasy.