Feel Good Fudgey Cashew Butter Brownies w/ Sea Salt + CBD Oil (Paleo/ GF/ DF)
CONFESSION: I am not a “cookie” person. Give me a piece of rich dark chocolate with flaky sea salt all day any day — but cookies? They just don’t really do it for me.
But now that we’re in full-on #christmascookie season I kind of came down with a case of FOMO (standard).
So I decided to get in on the fun with a little challenge to myself. What could I bake that wasn’t a traditional “Christmas cookie” per se but that I could still bring to holiday parties and people would love? And perhaps even love so much they’d feel inspired to bake them with their families and gift to others this season?
Besides being a crowd-pleasing, untraditional “non-cookie,” I had a few more “cookie-challenge” requirements —
— Must be so easy to make you can simultaneously watch “The Holiday” or dance unabashedly to Christmas Trap Music in the kitchen
— Must be so insanely delicious people will never guess how healthy it is
— Must be nutrient-dense and filled with REAL ingredients only
— Must feel better after you eat it, not worse (because who needs yet another food baby this season?)
And I have to tell you — I seriously nailed it with these Fudgey Dark Chocolate and Sea Salt Cashew Butter Brownies.
Not only do they completely pass all of the aforementioned criteria, but they also contain a little special (and totally optional) ingredient that raises the bar with how you feel post-consumption.
It’s called CBD oil, and if it’s not yet on your radar, it’s already gaining major traction in the wellness world due to it’s anti-inflammatory, anti-anxiety, pain- reducing and immunity-boosting effects.
CBD is one of the compounds found in the hemp plant — and unlike the most famous compound, THC, it’s completely non-psychoactive. While it sounds too good to be true, CBD has been studied thoroughly and very few people experience any negative side effects.
Most people (myself included) experience a feeling of peacefulness, better sleep, and a quieter mind (free from racing thoughts!) If you’re still skeptical, I highly recommend chatting with your doctor and checking out this article for more info. If you’re still not feeling it or making for kiddos, simply omit the CBD oil.
I used Soul Addict’s CBD Hemp Elixir for this recipe as well as incorporate a daily dose in my Bulletproof Coffee. I especially love this brand because it’s in an easy-to-use-in-everything oil laced with healing, beautifying and mood-boosting cannaniboids. Trust when I say these brownies take feeling good to a whole new level.
Happy Healthy Holidays!
Feel Good Fudgey Cashew Butter Brownies w/ Sea Salt + CBD Oil
These decadent AF Paleo Fudgey Cashew Butter Brownies laced with anti-inflammatory CBD oil take feeling good to a whole new level.
- 2 cups cashew butter
- 2 pastured organic eggs
- 1 ½ - 2 cups Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup coconut nectar or pure maple syrup
- ½ cup cacao powder
- 4 dates, pitted
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp Soul Addict Hemp Elixir CBD Oil -- Use code sa_lauren20 to save 20% off your first purchase
- 1 tsp Himalayan Pink Sea Salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a large bowl, beat the maple syrup and dates with a blender or mixer until creamy
- Blend in cashew butter, then slowly add eggs and vanilla extract
- Add cacao, CBD oil, baking soda and ½ of the tsp of sea salt (save the other ½ to sprinkle on top). Mix until well incorporated
- Add in dark chocolate chips by hand (use 2 cups if you like it EXTRA fudgey) and save some to sprinkle on top
- Pour batter into 8×8 parchment lined pan and bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes
- When finished let cool and sprinkle with additional sea salt
- Try not to eat the entire pan in one sitting
- Your Guide To PCOS — How To Naturally Treat PCOS, Boost Fertility & Balance Your Hormones - September 16, 2020
- Copycat Deru Market Farm Salad + Honey Lemon Herb Vinaigrette - September 10, 2020
- Simple + Science-Backed Steps To Boost Fertility Naturally - September 1, 2020