Let’s be real here- pretty much any night of the week can be taco night in our household (not just reserved for Tuesdays) and we’re OK with that.
I mainly gravitate towards tacos chockful of veggies like these or THESE (one of my most popular recipes ever) but the Meat-Lovin’ Hubby (MLH) went to Alaska on a fishing trip a few weekends ago and brought back the freshest of fresh halibut.
I couldn’t resist trying out a new recipe, one I’ve NEVER done on the blog before (because most recipes are plant-based) but once I tried these babies I knew I had to share.
Not only is halibut loaded with Omega-3’s (which help to reduce inflammation, blood pressure and promote healthy brain function) but it’s high in protein and vitamins like B12- which is essential to addressing adrenal fatigue, lots of metabolic functions and hormonal imbalances.
This is HUGE as vitamin B12 is one of the leading nutrient deficiencies in the world and can show up in a plethora of different NOT cool symptoms like chronic fatigue, stress and depression. Thus getting this nutrient is crucial- especially if you’re feeling run down (which is easy to feel this time of year with all of the big changes and shifts in schedule, etc.)
So now that you’ve got the facts- can we just TACOBOUT how freaking good these grilled fish tacos are?
The grilled fish paired with the (sugar, gluten, dairy, soy and canola oil free) chipotle lime aioli is absolutely genius. I love using these grain-free tortillas and topping it all off with diced avocado, tomato and shredded lettuce.
They’re also ridiculously easy, only require six-ingredients (plus whatever you want for toppings) and require NO prep. Totally perfect for a quick weeknight meal or as a simple dish to bring to your Labor Day or back to school BBQ.
Oh and Football Sunday viewing parties?!
Grilled Fish Tacos with Chipotle Lime Aioli
GF/ Dairy-free/ Sugar-Free/ Soy-Free and Paleo
- 2 halibut filets
- A few tbsp of Primal Kitchen Chipotle Lime Aioli
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Tortillas (I’m obsessed with these GF almond flour ones)
- Plus Toppings- (I like shredded lettuce, tomato, avocado + grilled onions if you’re getting fancy)
- Pre-heat grill to 400.
- Coat fish filets with a tbsp or two of the chipotle lime aioli, sprinkle of sea salt or pepper and place on foil on the grill.
- Grill for approximately 4 mins on each side or until cooked through. It’s seriously important not to overcook the fish so you want to keep the lid open on your bbq. This ensures you’re only cooking each side (you want a nice sear on both). If you cook the fish with the bbq lid closed it will cook the fish through the middle on both sides, which will result in overcooked fish. Bleh.
- While cooking your fish prepare any extra topping ingredients like lettuce, chopped avo, etc. Warm your tortillas and top with extra aioli. Once fish is cooked place chunks on the tortilla, then top with any toppings your heart desires.
- Gut-Friendly Roasted Pumpkin + Forbidden Rice Holiday Salad w/ Maple Tahini Dressing - November 24, 2020
- 2020 Healthy Holiday Gift Guide + Discount Codes & Deals - November 19, 2020
- 9 Tips To Support Your Hormones + Health During The Holidays - November 11, 2020