Faster Than Takeout: Easy Grilled Chicken + Veggie Fajitas with Jalapeno Lime Crema
I’m writing this post in total disbelief summer is almost over.
Where oh where does the time go? I guess it really does fly when you’re having fun….which I’ve certainly been doing a lot of.
From backpacking, hiking and camping all over the PNW, to hosting friends for al fresco feasts of lamb burgers, heirloom tomato, basil + nectarine salad, grilled artichokes (and rose, obvi), to practicing yoga outside and drinking my weight in iced brazil nut lattes and smoothie bowls — it’s been one GOOD summer.
Work has also been quite eventful and the more clients I support the more I am inspired to create — from fun recipes, to new, updated packages + resources for clients (with more time and access to me), to wellness workshops and partnerships with naturopathic doctors and local businesses dedicated to providing the community with quick, nutrient-rich food.
As this season comes to an end I’m feeling super grateful for everything in my life — especially you! Thank you for reading, your support, your business and your feedback — please know I don’t take it lightly and I’m totally committed to helping you develop the skills you need to live your happiest, healthiest and most joyful life!
Sometimes those skills require quite a bit of effort. But sometimes they’re as simple as finding an upgraded, nutrient-dense recipe on a classic you love — so that you can enjoy all your favorite foods in a way that still tastes good, but empowers you to FEEL GOOD too.
Like these super easy, super delicious Grilled Chicken + Veggie Fajitas with Jalapeno Lime Crema. Because let’s be real — who doesn’t like Mexican food?! It’s spicy, flavorful and comforting, tastes good year round and never gets old (at least IMO). Many Mexican dishes are easy to make (hello this one) and also easy to upgrade for a super healthy and functional twist.
Specifically, these fajitas are becoming the new fave in the Chambers household — with the meat-lovin’ hubby (MLH) requesting them on a weekly basis. I oblige him because a) I secretly like them just as much and b) they are ridiculously easy to make.
All you need to do is marinate the chicken + veggies for at least 24 hours to really seal in the flavor, toss them on the grill and chop a few ingredients to stir into the crema (which I make using lactose-free sour cream so it’s dairy-free and easier to digest). If you’re not factoring in the marination time they take about 15-20 minutes to make — aka easier then driving all the way to Taco Bell — and dare I say better tasting too? You be the judge.
I highly suggest making this recipe sooner rather than later as grilling season will eventually be coming to a close (although you could easily roast or panfry during winter months). This dish is also a serious crowd-pleaser, so if you’re thinking of hosting friends for a dinner pair with some guacamole + sliced jicama sticks (or Siete Grain Free Tortilla Chips) for a seriously delicious fiesta that won’t leave you needing a siesta. Also basic math says — less bloat > more room for a margarita — you feel me?
Happy Labor Day Fiesta love!
Easy Grilled Chicken + Veggie Fajitas with Jalapeno Lime Crema
These Grilled Chicken + Veggie Fajitas with Jalapeno Lime Crema are easy, delicious and take less time to make than a trip to Taco Bell.
- ½ cup GF soy sauce
- juice of 2 oranges
- 1-2 tsp red pepper flakes (depends on how spicy you like it)
- 2 tbsp raw honey -- leave out if avoiding sugar or Whole30
- 2 pasture-raised organic chicken breasts
- 2 large zucchini, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 walla walla sweet onion, thinly sliced
- Siete Almond Flour Tortillas or butter lettuce leaf wraps
- 1 avocado + fresh cilantro for topping
Jalapeno Lime Crema Ingredients:
- ½ cup lactose-free sour cream
- ½ jalapeno, seeded and thinly chopped
- 1 lime, juice squeezed
- ½ tsp sea salt
- IMPORTANT -- You'll want to allot at least 24 hours time to marinate the chicken and veggies to really seal in that flavor. So one day prior to eating, add your thinly sliced veggies to one large ziploc bag and your chicken breasts to another. Blend or whisk marinade ingredients together and pour approximately ½ over the veggies and the other ½ over the chicken. Place in fridge for 24 hours.
- When ready to eat, fire up the grill to medium heat and cook chicken and veggies for about 20 minutes, flipping halfway. You want your chicken to be fully cooked through (i.e. no pink in center) and veggies to be slightly charred.
- While veggies + chicken are grilling whisk together crema ingredients.
- When finished cooking, layer tortillas or lettuce wraps with chicken and veggies and dollop generously with crema. Top with sliced avocado and fresh cilantro.
- Hormone Balancing Smoothie Formula + Recipes - January 20, 2021
- First-Trimester Pregnancy Hormone Balancing Tips: How to Reduce Nausea, Fatigue + Other Hormonal Symptoms - January 6, 2021
- How to Naturally Balance Your Hormones with B Vitamins - January 4, 2021