It’s the week of the Fourth of July and I’m in full VACA mode over in Montana with the fam, so I’m gonna keep this week’s post short, sweet and straight to the point.
When I discovered kombucha floats were a thing, you know I had to try them out for myself, and let’s just say they do not disappoint. They’re basically a spin off the ever classic root beer float, but in this case the soda is swapped for fermented sweet tea (makes sense right?!) Think super refreshing, fizzy, slightly sweet and a little tart, plus filled with probiotics to help boost your gut health! I mean what’s not to love?!
I opted for GT’s Guava-flavored booch as it’s got a bit of a punchy, fruity taste and fun pink color, without any added sweetener. For the “nice cream” I chose to make my own because it’s relatively easy and most of the dairy-free ice creams (yes even the ones at Whole Foods) still contain quite a bit of sugar (and too much inflammatory sugar feeds the “bad bugs” in your intestinal tract, basically canceling out all of the work the kombucha just did).
That being said, if you wanted an even easier version you could totally opt for a store-bought vanilla ice cream. Just make sure you’re reading that ingredient label for sneaky added sugars, emulsifiers or gums (tough on intestinal tracts and a trigger for SIBO/IBS) and opting for dairy-free versions like coconut or cashew if you’re not able to tolerate it well.
You do you, as long as you’re enjoying food that tastes good and makes you feel good too. Because life’s too short for anything else, amiright?!
Happy holiday week my loves.
Fizzy Kombucha Float with Vanilla Nice Cream
A gut-friendly, refined-sugar-free take on the classic rootbeer float, this kombucha float with vanilla ice cream will take you back to your childhood, minus the sugar-crash or belly bloat.
- 2 ripe bananas, sliced and frozen
- 2 tsp madagascar vanilla bean paste (or vanilla extract)
- 1-2 tbsp nut milk or creamer as needed (I like nutpods French Vanilla flavor)
- GT's Guava Goddess Kombucha (or any other kombucha you prefer)
- Slice and freeze ripe bananas for about 6 hours or until completely frozen (I like to do this the night before).
- Add the frozen bananas to a food processor or high speed blender and mix until smooth. Add in the vanilla paste or extract and blend, scraping down the sides of the machine as necessary until smooth.
- Add nut milk or creamer 1 tbsp at a time until a smooth consistency is reached.
- Use an ice cream scooper (if you have, otherwise a spoon will work fine) and scoop into a glass. Pour kombucha of choice over and enjoy, or keep nice cream in a freezer safe container until ready to eat.
Latest posts by Lauren Chambers (see all)
- How to Boost Your Libido + Have Better Sex By Naturally Balancing Your Hormones - February 18, 2020
- Mood-Boosting No-Bake Fudgy Red Velvet Cake Balls + CBD Cream Cheese Frosting (Paleo/Vegan) - February 12, 2020
- PMS Cravings? Satisfy Them In A Healthier Way With These Flourless Fudgy Peanut Butter Dark Chocolate Chunk Brownies - February 5, 2020