Juicy Turkey Avocado Burger Bowls with Caesar Aioli (Paleo, Dairy-Free, Nut-Free, Gluten-Free)
I get that turkey burgers are about the least unsexy version of a burger — but BEAR WITH ME ON THIS ONE.
Unlike your dry, bland turkey burgers of seasons past, these patties are ridiculously juicy and flavorful, thanks in part to the addition of avocado, a little clean mayo (trust) and a healthy dose of seasonings like (gf) Worcestershire, Sriracha, cumin and garlic.
I also love eating them as bowls, which allows for the addition of seasonal veggies like heirloom tomatoes, butter lettuce, fresh herbs and ripe avocado. Simply drizzle with this (dairy-free, nut-free) Caesar Aioli and you’ve got yourself a new summer staple.
Along with being an easy, beat-the-heat option when it’s too hot to cook (only cooking required utilizes the grill) it also holds up super well as leftovers. I like to pack the patties and sauce in individual containers, then prep a couple days worth of bowls for a super quick leftover lunch or meal on the go.
If you don’t feel like a bowl, you could serve the burgers in a lettuce wrap, on sweet potato buns, or a gluten-free bun and use the bowl ingredients as a side salad. The Caesar aioli tastes amazing on pretty much everything, including grilled romaine, as a dip for veggies, or on top of grilled fish.
And if you needed anymore convincing, these burgers are one of the MLH’s (meat-lovin’ hubby’s) legit faves. He requests them weekly, and I’m more than happy to oblige.
Juicy Turkey Avocado Burger Bowls with Caesar Aioli
Too hot to fathom cooking? Beat the heat with these easy, juicy turkey avocado burger bowls -- only a grill, a bowl of fresh, seasonal veggies and a spoonful of (dairy-free AND nut-free) Caesar Aioli are required. Consider this your new summer staple.
For The Burgers (Adapted From Bon Appetit) :
- 1 package (approximately 1 lb) of organic, antibiotic and hormone-free ground turkey
- ½ avocado, sliced, pitted and mashed
- 3 tbsp clean mayo, such as Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil Mayo
- 2 tsp Sriracha
- 2 tsp GF Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
For The Caesar Aioli:
- 1 cup clean mayo, such as Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil Mayo
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 heaping tsp anchovy paste
- 1 heaping tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp GF Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Optional: ½ cup dairy-free parmesan such as Follow Your Heart or Parmesan Reggiano, if you digest dairy well
For The Bowls:
- 1 package of Organic Girls Butter Lettuce
- ½ cup heirloom or cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 avocado, pitted and sliced
- Fresh herbs such as parsley or basil
- Option to add additional veggies such as thinly sliced radish, raw or grilled onions, roasted or raw bell peppers, zucchini, asparagus, etc.
- Pre-heat your grill to medium and add all burger ingredients (except for turkey) into a large bowl and mix together until well combined, then mix in the ground turkey with your hands.
- Once turkey mixture is well-combined, form into patties (should make about 6-8 medium-sized) and place on a grill pan or sheet. Grill for about 4 minutes on each side, until charred and cooked through (meat should no longer be pink but white).
- While turkey is grilling, whisk together all Caesar Aioli ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Assemble lettuce and veggies in bowl.
- Once burgers are cooked, top one patty on each bowl and drizzle with Caesar Aioli.
- Healthy + Easy Weeknight Meal: Sheet Pan Chicken Nuggets, Sweet Potato Fries + Quick Chipotle Aioli - July 15, 2020
- No-Bake Postpartum Monster Cookie Dough Balls (GF/DF) - July 7, 2020
- Fertility Boosting Foods Guide - June 28, 2020