Easy Matcha Chocolate Chip Paleo Pancakes (Four Ingredients!)
While matcha has become a staple in the wellness world, truthfully it took me a long time to come around to the trend.
Initially I found the taste of matcha powder to be somewhat bland and grassy, and it couldn’t hold a candle to the taste, smell or buzz of coffee (my ultimate drug of choice).
But I kept giving matcha a chance, time after time, because I was so intrigued by the health benefits of this finely ground green tea powder, which are largely in part due to the concentrated dose of catechins, a polyphenol compound.
Health Benefits of Catechins Include —
+ Scavenges free radicals, inhibits tumor growth and prevents cancer
+ Boosts metabolism and promotes weight loss
+ Speeds workout recovery
+ Reverses cellular damage caused by oxidative stress
+ Improves immune system function
+ Boosts Energy
So I kept testing it out, and discovered a few easy (and delicious) ways to incorporate this super powder into my lifestyle —
+In oat milk lattes — Okay I know it sounds weird, but if you have the opportunity to try a matcha latte with oat milk and honey, it’s delicious, and pretty much the only way I enjoy it in a hot beverage
+In smoothies — especially if you use creamy fats like coconut butter and avocado that help mellow out the sometimes grassy flavor of matcha
+ In pancakes — NOW we’re talking. The pancake mix blends nicely with the matcha powder, so there’s only a tiny hit of matcha flavor (but with all of the health benefits). Plus the green color makes for some St. Patty’s appropriate pancakes (not to mention a fun fix for kiddos and totes insta-worthy breakfast).
Oh and if you needed another reason to make pancakes (AS IF) these are completely grain-free, gluten-free, dairy-free and only require 4 INGREDIENTS thanks to the Birch Benders Paleo Pancake Mix.
Simply add water, matcha powder and cacao nibs (or dark chocolate chips) and watch some magic happen.
Just don’t forget the real fun, which is in the topping selection. I love adding creamy coconut yogurt (for a tangy taste and dose of good-gut bacteria), fresh mint, a sprinkle of cacao nibs (rich in antioxidants and polyphenols that do amazing things for your bod) and a drizzle of real grade b maple syrup, because duh.
Matcha Chocolate Chip Paleo Pancakes
A delicious, easy and simple way to sneak in the health benefits of matcha, make these chocolate chip paleo pancakes you (and your family's) new weekend go-to.
- 1 ½ cups Birch Bender’s Paleo Pancake Mix
- 1 ⅓ cups water
- 2 tsps ceremonial grade matcha powder
- ¼ cup cacao nibs or Enjoy Life Dark Chocolate Chips
- 2-4 tbsp coconut oil for cooking
Optional Toppings --
- Mix all pancake ingredients together (except for oil) until well-combined and set aside. The batter will continue to thicken for a couple additional minutes.
- Heat a large, stovetop pan over medium to medium-high heat and lightly grease with coconut oil.
- Scoop ¼ size servings of pancake batter and pour onto pan. Wait until batter bubbles and edges are firm, then flip.
- Top with your toppings of choice
- Your Guide To PCOS — How To Naturally Treat PCOS, Boost Fertility & Balance Your Hormones - September 16, 2020
- Copycat Deru Market Farm Salad + Honey Lemon Herb Vinaigrette - September 10, 2020
- Simple + Science-Backed Steps To Boost Fertility Naturally - September 1, 2020