There’s nothing like a glass of boss sauce to start your day off right (thanks for my new fave phrase Thug Kitchen). This shake keeps it particularly bossy with protein, mad antioxidants, fiber and omega-3’s. One sip is like a flavor explosion in your mouth. The good kind.
If you’re not already dying to try out this shake, here’s 5 more reasons to sway you:
1. It’s packed with acai berries, which are not only really tasty but are also considered a super food with more antioxidants than blueberries. These little guys also help improve mental function, boosts energy, fight against free radicals and even increase blood circulation which ahem, leads to increased sex drive. Super food fo sho.
2. Ch-ch-ch-chia! These seeds literally help to slow down digestion and are jam packed with fiber- i.e. you will stay fuller longer. Seriously, this shake keeps me satisfied for HOURS, which is no easy feat.
3. Adding in a scoop of pea protein powder sneaks in an additional 20 grams of protein. So when non-vegans ask you how you get your protein (world’s most annoying question?) you have at least one go-to answer on hand.
4. Creamy delicious hemp milk keeps your tummy happy (if you read this post you already know the negative effects of dairy) and aids in strengthening your immune system, hair, skin, nails and heart. Boom!
5. Vegans and non-vegans alike will love this smoothie. Hints of cinnamon, vanilla bean and dates add in just the right amount of sweetness (the natural way) and it’s thick and creamy just like a milk shake (minus the thousands of calories, fat, sugar, etc.) It’s the MLB (meat-lovin’ boyfriends’) absolute FAVORITE- enough said.
Purple Power Protein Shake
adapted from Kimberly Snyder
- 2 cups organic unsweetened vanilla hemp milk
- 1 scoop vegan pea protein or ½ cup fresh coconut meat
- 1 frozen unsweetened acai smoothie packet
- 1 banana, previously chopped and frozen
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 4 dates, pitted and chopped
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ vanilla bean or ½ tsp vanilla
- 3-4 ice cubes
- Toss all the ingredients into a blender and press a button. And you're done. Now drink up like a BOSS.
Latest posts by Lauren Chambers (see all)
- Boost Fertility Naturally With These Pumpkin Spice Bliss Balls - October 4, 2019
- Five Free Fall Recipes for Natural Hormone Balance - October 2, 2019
- Healthy Travel + Eating Out Guide: My Top Tips For Feeling Good On The Go - September 26, 2019