Get Gorgeous Skin with This Six-Ingredient Acai Smoothie Bowl
It may be the last week in February but I can already feel myself gearing up — and ever so looking forward to — spring!
This lust for a new season is reflected in the clothes I’m coveting (flirty dresses and lightweight jackets), trips I’m dreaming of (sandy beaches and turquoise waters anyone?!) and food I’m lusting for — which obviously includes this creamy, dreamy acai smoothie bowl.
Although it’s surprisingly light and easy to digest, this acai smoothie bowl packs a nutritional punch with protein-dense cashew milk and butter, antioxidant-rich acai berry and a secret-not-so-secret ingredient that promotes glowing skin, a healthy gut, full hair and strong nails.
A little miracle called collagen peptides.
If you’ve tried any of my other recipes — like this pumpkin bisque or my favorite bulletproof coffee — I’m probably sounding like a broken record over here. But that is just how strongly I believe in this product.
If you’re not yet familiar with collagen, it’s considered the building block for your hair, skin and nails. As we age, collagen depletes and breaks down easier and our bodies make less of it, resulting in wrinkles and aging skin (wah waaaah). By adding collagen into your diet it naturally improves your skin’s moisture, elasticity, tone and vibrance, ultimately combatting any signs of aging.
After adding the Vital Proteins Marine Collagen to my coffees, smoothies or soups daily for the past few months I can attest to the benefits firsthand. My hair has grown like crazy (and feels as thick as ever), I have to cut my nails weekly (or else they get too long) and my skin has been clear, dewy and glowy (scout’s honor).
I also love that it’s flavorless so you can toss it in just about anything and not taste the difference. Like this acai smoothie bowl. Which is so thick, creamy and naturally sweet that it makes a delicious breakfast OR a satisfying dessert (minus the refined sugar, digestion-clogging dairy or chemicals/weird ingredients). It’s also ridiculously easy to make. Simply toss the six ingredients into a blender and BLEND baby, blend.
And let’s not forget the best part — THE TOPPINGS. I prefer mine topped with fresh berries, energizing bee pollen, antioxidant-rich cacao nibs and grain-free granola for extra crunch. Feel free to get creative and try out a list of additional superfood add-ons (below) to help you achieve that instagram-worthy bowl.
Six-Ingredient Cashew Butter + Acai Smoothie Bowl
Acai Smoothie Bowl Ingredients:
- 1 Sambazon Organic Acai Unsweetened Smoothie Pack
- 1 frozen banana
- ½- 1 cup organic cashew milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 2 dates, pitted and chopped
- 1 heaping Tbsp cashew butter
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
Optional Healthy Topping Ingredients:
- bee pollen
- fresh berries or other fruit
- cashew or almond butter
- coconut flakes
- cacao nibs
- grain-free granola
- handful of nuts or seeds of choice
- Make sure both banana and acai packet are frozen (this is important to ensure the smoothie is cold).
- Toss all smoothie bowl ingredients together in a high-speed blender and puree until thoroughly mixed (you may need to do this a few times). If you want your smoothie bowl extra thick, use only a ½ cup cashew milk and add more to thin.
- Pour into a bowl and top with ingredients of choice!
Latest posts by Lauren Chambers (see all)
- How to REALLY Tell If You’re Ovulating + Best Fertility Awareness Methods (FAM) To Track Ovulation - May 21, 2020
- How To Make A Fertility-Boosting Smoothie + Dark Chocolate Strawberry Fudge Smoothie Bowl Recipe - May 13, 2020
- This Gut-Friendly Strawberry Rhubarb Cheesecake Baked Oatmeal Works To Nourish Your Gut + Balance Your Hormones - April 29, 2020