Although I’m currently sitting at home typing this into Microsoft Word while our power is out from extreme rain/winds (and also simultaneously wondering what the eff we ever did before electricity + wi-fi) I swear I can still feel it.
Spring. Is. In. the. Air.
As cheese as this sounds, I love how our bodies are so in tune with the universe and mother nature- as the seasons change so do our tastes and cravings. We naturally begin to gravitate towards what’s available to us and in season.
Spring is a time of new beginnings and starting fresh and it’s ripe with amazing produce- spinach, peas, artichokes, leeks, asparagus, turnips, parsnips, carrots, radish, strawberries, rhubarb, mint…. You get the idea.
So not-so coincidentally I’ve been making this minty green smoothie on the reg. It’s…..
–super hydrating with coconut water,
– soothing and anti-inflammatory with turmeric and ginger
– chockfull of antioxidant rich spinach and kale
– sweet with the addition of bananas and strawberries
–nourishing and skin beautifying with creamy avocado
– and detoxifying/refreshing with cilantro and mint
It will definitely wake up the senses (and your digestion) and renew and re-energize your bod for the new season (not to mention it’s basically a facial in a glass).
It’s also delicious and obviously green AF so you can claim that you’re being totally festive for St. Paddy’s day (which is the extent of how into the holiday I get).
Minty Shamrock Smoothie
- 2 cups coconut water or coconut milk if you want it super creamy
- 1 large handful spinach
- 1 small handful kale
- ½ avocado
- 1 thumb size piece of ginger root, peeled
- 1 thumb size piece of turmeric root, peeled
- a few sprigs of cilantro (you can omit if you don’t like the taste)
- 1-2 large sprigs of mint
- 1 large banana, previously frozen
- 6 large strawberries, previously frozen
- First toss all. The.green. things. Into the blender with your coconut water or milk and blend until smooth. Then add in the frozen fruit and do the same thing.
- Top with whatever you fancy. I enjoy it sprinkled with bee pollen and coconut flakes.
You’re done! Now you can feel far less guilty about those green beers you’ll be consuming later…
Latest posts by Lauren Chambers (see all)
- CYCLE-SYNCING GUIDE — A Cheatsheet To Understanding + Supporting Your Monthly Menstrual Cycle - May 28, 2020
- How to REALLY Tell If You’re Ovulating + Best Fertility Awareness Methods (FAM) To Track Ovulation - May 21, 2020
- How To Make A Fertility-Boosting Smoothie + Dark Chocolate Strawberry Fudge Smoothie Bowl Recipe - May 13, 2020