Spring can be such a fickle little betch. It gets your hopes up with daylight savings and all this premature sunshine and then it downpours for a week straight, which really messes with my cravings. What’s a girl to do when she wants something warm and comforting during those spring showers but still light and bright and in season?
Enter in this spring green coconut curry. It’s light and refreshing and chockful of veggies and metabolism boosting spices but still hearty and filling with loads of fiber and protein from the tofu (or you could always sub in prawns or chicken). It has a bright taste with a bit of sweetness from the creamy coconut milk and a touch of maple syrup. Plus it only takes about 30 minutes to make and tastes better as leftovers so you can make ahead for the week (MLF preferred it as leftovers and alongside some bread for good measure ;)). Basically, perfection in one pot.
Spring Green Coconut Curry
- Coconut Oil- 4 tbsp
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp green curry paste
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp GF soy sauce
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp grade b maple syrup
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium package firm tofu, rinsed and drained
- 3 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 large bunch broccolini, chopped
- 2 large handfuls spinach
- 2 cans full fat organic coconut milk
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 avocado, chopped
- cilantro and lime for topping
- Make sure your veggies are peeled and chopped and tofu is rinsed and drained, then heat 2 tbsp of the coconut oil in a large nonstick pot.
- Add in chopped onion and cook 5-10 minutes, until onions become cooked through and translucent. Add in garlic and cook for one minute, then add in the ginger, sea salt, curry paste and turmeric. Cook for another minute before adding in the broccoli, carrots and tofu. Pour in two cans coconut milk and two cups vegetable stock and bring to a boil, then simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Once curry has finished simmering, add in gf soy sauce, rice vinegar, maple syrup, spinach, avocado and lime juice. Top with fresh cilantro and serve piping hot or store and heat up during the week for an even better flavor profile.
- Gut-Friendly Instant Pot BBQ Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes - April 19, 2021
- Best Gluten-Free Lactation Cookies For Nursing + Postpartum Hormones - April 11, 2021
- Dark Chocolate Avocado Fudge Fertility Smoothie - April 1, 2021