Mood-Boosting Vegan Eggnog Cookie Dough + Creamy CBD Frosting
SERIOUS QUESTION — why bake Christmas Cookies when you can NOT bake Christmas Cookie DOUGH?
In the case you’re new around these parts, I have a slight obsession with making healthy cookie dough, and it’s definitely not going anywhere.
The really cool thing about cookie dough (despite it’s obvious deliciousness) is its ability to mask nutrients and superfood ingredients. No-Bake Cookie Dough is kind of like the smoothie of the treat world, where it’s super easy to add in healthy ingredients without it affecting the taste (or in this case enhancing it).
Specifically, this Vegan Eggnog version sneaks in quite a few stress-reducing, mood-boosting ingredients, including healthy fats like nut butter and coconut oil (crucial for supporting brain function and mood), fiber from almonds and coconut (optimizes your gut’s production of feel good neurotransmitters like serotonin, GABA and melatonin), adaptogens (normalizes your physiological functions and brings homeostasis to the body and brain) and CBD (regulates your neurotransmitter and mitochondrial function).
While it does contain sugar in the form of maple syrup, the combination of collagen protein, fat, fiber and spices like cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves help to balance out your blood sugar, which is also crucial for regulating your mood.
Thus this Vegan Eggnog Cookie Dough makes for the perfect treat when you want something that tastes good, and still feel amazing/on your A-game this holiday season.
Pro-Tip — These are a major crowd-pleaser, so try bringing them to your holiday gatherings and share the mood-boosting love!
Happy Healthyish Holidays love,
- For The Eggnog Cookie Dough:
- 1¾ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 2 scoops Bulletproof Collagen Protein Powder (use code SOFRESH10 to get 10% off your order).
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp cloves
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup Ground Up Salted Eggnog Butter (use code SOFRESH15 to get 15% off your order)
- 2-4 tbsp melted coconut oil (start w/ 2 + add more if still too dry)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- OPTIONAL -- 1 tsp ashwaghanda powder
- For The CBD Frosting:
- ½ cup Kite-Hill Dairy-Free Cream Cheese
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 dropper (approximately 1 tsp) Hemp CBD Elixir (use code sa_lauren20 to save 20% off your first purchase)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice (or ½ of a lemon, juice squeezed)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Mix together all the dry cookie dough ingredients in a large bowl until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the melted coconut oil, nut butter and maple syrup until well-combined.
- Pour wet ingredients in with the dry and stir until thoroughly mixed. The mixture should feel doughy, but not too wet and stick together. If it's too dry you can try adding more melted coconut oil.
- Use an ice cream scooper or your hands and roll into balls, placing on a parchment lined pan or plate. Chill in the fridge for 1 hour.
- While chilling, combine all CBD Frosting ingredients together in a bowl and mix with an electric mixer until texture is whipped. Put a generous dollop onto each ball.
- Keep in fridge for a week or freezer for 1-2 months.
- Tips For Healing + Trying To Conceive After Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss - October 21, 2020
- Hormone-Healthy Pumpkin Spice Latte (Dairy-Free/Vegan-Friendly) - October 14, 2020
- Gut-Friendly Pumpkin Spice Blender Pancakes (Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free) - October 7, 2020