Faster Than Takeout: This Heirloom Tomato, Nectarine + Basil Summer Salad Takes 5 Minutes To Make
If you’re reading this then you probably know by now I’m all about meals that taste good and make you FEEL good too.
This means you have more energy and feel nourished, satisfied and peaceful after you eat — not lethargic, tired, cranky, craving sugar or dealing with bloat, cramps, heartburn, brain-fog or a headache.
Note — if you do feel this way often after eating this is NOT normal, and I encourage you to sign up for a complimentary consultation with me to find the right foods that work for your body and lifestyle.
So yeah, food should make you feel good and taste good, but I’m of firm belief it should be simple and easy to prepare when possible. Because life gets busy — and the amount of time you spend cooking meals has to be realistic enough to fit into your lifestyle in order for you to actually follow through on it — and I want to empower you to follow through on those healthy-eating intentions however I can!
Not to mention it’s summer — a time to pause, relax, get outside, soak up some sun, hang out with loved ones and JUST. BE. More of that and less time in the kitchen please.
Which is exactly why I love this salad. It highlights some of summer’s finest seasonal produce (heirloom tomatoes, nectarines) , herbs (basil) and legit takes five minutes to make (no cooking, blending or prep required). Just drizzle with a little quality olive oil and balsamic vinegar, generously sprinkle with sea salt and pepper and top with Kite Hill Almond Milk Ricotta Cheese (or goat cheese if you digest dairy well).
Boom! That’s it — you’re done. It’s bright, light, refreshing, slightly sweet and jam-packed with vitamin C, which nourishes your adrenal glands and helps to reduce stress (as if you even need it after this easy dish ;)).
Pair with grilled veggies tossed in olive oil, garlic, sea salt + pepper, wild-caught fish or organic grass-fed meat marinated in a simple sauce, serve with a chilled glass of rose or some sparkling water topped off with fresh mint and a slice of lime and enjoy al fresco (with a killer playlist in the background). And just like that, you’ve mastered the art of summer eating/ entertaining al fresco.
Five-Minute Heirloom Tomato, Nectarine + Basil Salad
This refreshing and bright heirloom tomato, nectarine and basil salad highlights summer’s juiciest produce and legit takes 5 minutes to make (no prep, blending or cooking required).
- 4 Heirloom Tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 organic nectarines, thinly sliced
- 1 handful of basil, leaves torn or thinly sliced
- Drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
- Drizzle of balsamic vinegar
- Sprinkle of Sea Salt
- Cracked Black Pepper to taste
- Optional: Kite Hill Almond Milk Ricotta Cheese or Goat Cheese to top
- Layer thinly sliced heirloom tomatoes and nectarines on a platter.
- Drizzle with good quality olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Sprinkle generously with sea salt and pepper.
- Lastly top with thinly sliced or torn fresh basil leaves and your cheese or DF cheese of choice.
Happy summering my love!
- Gut-Friendly Roasted Pumpkin + Forbidden Rice Holiday Salad w/ Maple Tahini Dressing - November 24, 2020
- 2020 Healthy Holiday Gift Guide + Discount Codes & Deals - November 19, 2020
- 9 Tips To Support Your Hormones + Health During The Holidays - November 11, 2020