Valentines Day is upon us, and although I can’t help but think this holiday is overrated I also can’t help but get excited thinking about my love. And no, I’m not talking about meat-lovin’ boyfriend (although he’s pretty cool too). I’m talking about chocolate. MMMMMMMMhmmm chocolate.
Despite what some may think, chocolate is a naturally gluten-free, vegan food. In it’s purest, most original form it’s known as the cacao bean and is packed with vitamins, antioxidants & essential minerals that make it pretty much super-food status. Dark chocolate is the result of crushing and liquefying nibs or cacao seeds without the shell into what is known as chocolate liquor. It’s then further processed into a chocolate powder or bars of chocolate through a press. The darker and less affected the chocolate – the stronger and more powerful the effects of the health enhancing ingredients. I equate dark chocolate with a multi-vitamin, so I make sure to digest mine on the reg. Wink.
Anyway, I know you don’t need to hear about all the health benefits of chocolate because you’re going to eat it regardless. So I’ll get straight to the good stuff. My recipe roundup of the best, most delish, vegan & gluten-free friendly chocolate desserts you’ll ever taste. These goodies are packed with plenty of other healthy ingredients, simple to make, and taste like the real deal (I bet if you make ’em for your lucky valentine he/she will not be able to tell the difference). And the best part? You’ll feel awesome afterwards and have plenty of room left over for cuddling. LOTS of cuddling 😉
1. Creamy, rich, raw chocolate pudding with a secret ingredient you’d never guess courtesy of Made to Create.
2. You had me at Salted Caramel. These raw chocolate pots de cremes are as decadent as it gets.
6.Okay, I admit it, I’ve never actually made these Samoa Cupcakes. They kind of look like a lot of work and betch I got things to do! However if anyone wants to make these for me I won’t say no.
7. Nothing says “Valentine’s Day!” more than truffles. These chocolate dipped chocolate truffles only contain five ingredients and come in three different flavor options. I’d stick with the peppermint or go rogue and add your own toppings like sea salt and almond butter.
8. Brownies. Nuff said.
9. Gluten-free Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter No-Bake Cheesecake Cupcakes? Genuis. These sound hard to make but are really quite easy (just keep in mind the 2 hour chill time requirement).
10. I would be remiss if I didn’t give a shout out to my daily multi-vitamin (wink, wink) Theo’s dark chocolate bar with sea salt. This is the best chocolate bar you will ever eat and upon purchase part of the proceeds go to the Eastern Congo Initiative, so by eating this I’m pretty much saving lives.
Happy Valentines Day you sweet thangs! Go on and get some.
- Gut-Friendly Instant Pot BBQ Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes - April 19, 2021
- Best Gluten-Free Lactation Cookies For Nursing + Postpartum Hormones - April 11, 2021
- Dark Chocolate Avocado Fudge Fertility Smoothie - April 1, 2021