Easy + Healthy Cinnamon Banana Blender Pancakes (Gluten-Free/ Dairy-Free)
These pancakes were born out of a healthy breakfast quarantine necessity, and have since become a welcome staple in our household.
Not only do they taste amazing (a hint of sweetness + cinnamon, with crispy, buttery edges and a fluffy middle) but they are incredibly easy to make (i.e. easier than usual) due to the make ahead blender batter.
By whipping up a big batch of pancake batter in the blender, you can store it in the fridge, and then use on demand for fresh pancakes in five minutes. This saves a ton of time, and is especially helpful when you’re trying to prevent a hungry toddler (or husband) meltdown.
And by now, if you know me then you KNOW these pancakes are packed with nutrients, so that they taste good AND leave you feeling good too.
THIS HEALTHY CINNAMON BANANA BLENDER VERSION INCLUDES —
Rich in beta-glucan, which works to keep blood sugar stable (a key pillar of optimized mood, energy, and hormones)
An incredibly fiber-rich and hormone-supportive seed that helps effectively metabolize estrogen and promote optimal digestion
A naturally sweet spice that lowers insulin to balance out blood sugar
+ Leafy Greens
Disease-fighting antioxidants and an easy way to sneak in veggies first thing (especially helpful when dealing with picky eaters)
+ Collagen Protein Powder
Optional, but adds amino acids for a protein boost that works to promote a since of satiety and fullness
+ Pasture-Raised Eggs
A dose of healthy omega-3 fatty acids, which work to do everything from lower inflammation to improve brain function
You can feel free to get creative with these ingredients, swapping leafy greens for riced cauliflower (trust me it works), oats for a grain-free flour (like almond or coconut) or flaxseed for chia. All ingredients in this version are kid-friendly, but if you’re making for adults only you could even add in hormone-balancing adaptogens like maca or ashwagandha.
Our family loves to enjoy these with topped with grass-fed ghee, creamy nut butter (for a healthy fat boost) or coconut yogurt, fresh berries and a touch of maple syrup, but the possibilities truly are endless.
Either way these are easy to make, delicious to eat and a nutrient-rich breakfast option the whole family can enjoy!
PS — Prefer to watch via video instead? Check out the cooking demo I did for King 5 News!
- For The Batter:
- 1¾ cup gf oats, I love Bob's Red Mill(can also sub for other gf flour of choice)
- 1 cup spinach or other leafy greens
- ¼ cup flaxseed, ground
- 1 medium banana, peeled
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1¼ cup non-dairy milk (I like oat, cashew or macadamia)
- 2 pasture-raised organic eggs
- Optional:2 servings collagen protein powder(I love Bulletproof, use code SOGREEN10 to save 10%)
- For Cooking + Topping:
- 2 tbsp grass-fed ghee or coconut oil for cooking
- creamy nut butter for topping
- maple syrup for topping
- fresh berries for topping
- Add oats to a high-speed blender and mix until oats turn to flour.
- Add all remaining ingredients except for eggs to blender and mix until well-combined.
- Add eggs and pulse until incorporated. The batter should be thick and well-mixed.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat and add the ghee or coconut oil. Once melted, scoop batter out in ¼ cup size servings to cook. Let cook 2-3 minutes each side, until golden brown and evenly cooked.
- Remove from heat and serve with toppings of choice.
- Batter stays good in the fridge for up to a week, so you can easily use to make pancakes in just a few minutes all week long.
- Hormone-Healthy Pumpkin Spice Latte (Dairy-Free/Vegan-Friendly) - October 14, 2020
- Gut-Friendly Pumpkin Spice Blender Pancakes (Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free) - October 7, 2020
- My Favorite Natural Period Products For Cramping + PMS Relief - October 1, 2020