Healthy + Easy Weeknight Meal: Sheet Pan Chicken Nuggets, Sweet Potato Fries + Quick Chipotle Aioli
As a business owner and mom of a toddler, quick and healthy weeknight meals the whole family can enjoy are the name of the game around here.
These healthy homemade chicken nuggets have become a weekly staple, because they perfectly fit into all of the categories mentioned above.
They’re simple to make (hello sheet pan meal), taste delicious and also happen to be a nostalgic, comforting food that’s fun to eat (especially when dipping in the quick chipotle aioli). Pairing these with the sweet potato fries ensures everyone is getting in a nutrient-dense meal rich in blood-sugar-stabilizing protein, fat and fiber.
Snag the recipe below, and if you’re looking for more hormone-healthy weeknight meal ideas, be sure to check out my Hormone Balance Reset Plan!
- For the chicken nuggets:
- 2 large, organic chicken breasts (about 1.5 to 2 lbs), cut into bite-size squares or “nuggets”
- 2 pasture-raised eggs
- 1 heaping cup super fine almond flour
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- black pepper, to taste
- For the sweet potato fries:
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, cut length wise into ½ inch thick slices
- 1-2 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- ½ tsp sea salt
- black pepper to taste
- For the quick chipotle aioli:
- 1 cup avocado oil mayo
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 heaping tsp chipotle paste
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper (you may need two pans or to cook in two separate batches depending on size/amount).
- Cut sweet potatoes lengthwise into a "fry" shape and toss in a bowl with the avocado oil and seasonings. Line out evenly on ½ of the large baking pan. Set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl mix together the almond flour and spices for the chicken nuggets. Set aside.
- Whisk together the eggs in a separate bowl and set next to almond flour mixture.
- Make sure chicken is cut into "nuggets" then dip each nugget into the egg wash first, allowing any excess to drip off, then coat in almond flour mixture. I like to use one hand for each so the flour mixture doesn't get clumpy.
- Lay each nugget evenly out on the other half of the large baking pan.
- Bake pan with sweet potato fries and chicken nuggets for 15 minutes at 400 F, then remove and carefully flip each fry/chicken nugget over.
- Cook for another 15 minutes, until fries and nuggets are slightly browned and crispy.
- While nuggets and fries are cooking, mix together all quick chipotle aioli ingredients into a small bowl and set aside.
- When nuggets and fries are done cooking remove from heat and let cool. Serve with aioli and option to toss flaky sea salt and chopped herbs like cilantro or parsley on top.