Have A Healthy Holiday With These No-Bake, Paleo Sweet Potato Cheesecake Bars
Alright y’all, I WENT THERE with these No-Bake, Paleo Sweet Potato Cheesecake Bars, and let’s just say there’s no going back.
The benefits of these bars are endless, but let’s drill into a few just for funsies 🙂
THESE NO-BAKE PALEO SWEET POTATO CHEESECAKE BARS ARE —
+ Super easy to make (i.e. no oven or baking required)
+ Refined-sugar-free so you can satisfy your sweet tooth in a more gut-friendly way
+ Completely gluten, dairy and grain-free (so almost anyone can enjoy them, despite dietary restrictions)
+ Totally crowd-pleasing and look fancy (without being fancy to make)
+ Insanely delicious, like a creamy, slightly spiced healthier cheesecake with a chewy pecan-date crust
+ Completely freezer-friendly. Keep ’em frozen and simply remove 30 minutes before you want a sweet treat.
+ A sneaky way to get a dose of vegetables in your dessert (hi sweet potato)
Do I really need to say more? I think your best bet is to try them out for yourself and see what you think.
Leave any feedback below and be sure to share with your health-conscious cheesecake-loving friends and family this holiday season.
No-Bake Paleo Sweet Potato Cheesecake Bars
Easy to make, these no-bake cheesecake bars combine layers of lightly spiced sweet potato, creamy cashew and hearty pecan-date crust for the perfect healthy holiday treat.
For the crust:
- 1 ½ cups pecans
- 1 cup pitted dates, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp himalayan pink sea salt
For the Cashew Cheesecake Layer:
- 1 13 oz can of coconut cream (make sure it's cream and not milk, discard any additional liquid, using only the thick cream filling)
- 2 cups raw, organic cashews, soaked 4-8 hours prior (or can soak for 30 minutes in boiling hot water if needed, but won't be quite as creamy)
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
For the Spiced Sweet Potato Layer:
- Remaining ½ of the cheesecake layer
- ½ cup sweet potato puree
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ tsp himalayan pink sea salt
For The Crust:
- Add pecans, dates and sea salt to a food processor and pulse until it comes together in a sticky dough.
- Scoop out and press uniformly into the bottom of an 8-inch parchment lined (or slightly greased) baking pan. Place in the freezer to chill while you make the other layers.
- Combine all cheesecake layer ingredients in a high speed blender and mix until smooth. Remove half of the mixture (leaving the other half in the blender) and spread evenly over the pecan-date crust layer. Place back in the freezer and let chill for minimum 30 minutes (this allows the layer to set).
- While the crust and cheesecake layers are chilling, add the sweet potato layer ingredients to the high speed blender with the remaining half of the cheesecake layer and blend until smooth.
- Set aside until the cheesecake layer has set (minimum 30 minutes in the freezer) then spread evenly as the final layer.
- Place back in the freezer to set (1 hour) and keep there until ready to serve. Remove 10-30 minutes to defrost before serving.
- Top with coconut whipped cream, more cinnamon and chopped pecans if desired. Will store well in the freezer for 1-2 months, if they last that long 🙂
- Gut-Friendly Instant Pot BBQ Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes - April 19, 2021
- Best Gluten-Free Lactation Cookies For Nursing + Postpartum Hormones - April 11, 2021
- Dark Chocolate Avocado Fudge Fertility Smoothie - April 1, 2021