The holidays are upon us, and if you’re anything like me you’ve got one major topic on your mind…holiday recipes!
There’s no denying food is a major part of this season, but unfortunately for many it can also be a source of stress, especially when it comes to indulging in recipes that taste amazing but leave you feeling not so great. And when we don’t feel great, it can be hard to show up as our best selves and truly enjoy life.
This is why I’m always on such a hot mission to create recipes that taste good and help you feel good too. Because both food and your body are meant to be enjoyed, loved on and celebrated, and there’s no reason you should be able to do one and not the other.
So for those of you that tend to struggle in the food arena around the holiday season, I got you covered with this year’s 2020 Hormone Healthy Holiday Recipe Roundup.
I hope this list brings you a sense of calm, peace and joy around food this season, for you, your hormones and your loved ones.
PS — Don’t miss the new recipe for my Hormone-Healthy Peppermint Hot Cocoa below!
HORMONE HEALTHY HOLIDAY RECIPE ROUNDUP
+ Four Healthy Hot Cocoa Combos (the coconut cardamom is my fave)
+ Pumpkin Pie Smoothie Bowl (available in my 5 Free Fall Recipes for Hormone Balance Download)
+ Hormone-Healthy Peppermint Hot Cocoa (see recipe below)
Baked Goods & Brunch
+ Chai-Spiced Chia Pudding Parfait (available in my Hormone Balance Reset Plan)
+ Savory Sweet Potato Waffles (available in my Fertility Boosting Fundamentals Guide)
Main Dishes, Soups + Stews
+ Whole30 + Paleo Sweet Potato Shepherd’s Pie (a SERIOUS favorite)
+ Creamy Roasted Kabocha Squash Soup (available in my Hormone Balance Reset Plan)
+ Gut-Friendly Mac N’ Cheese (available in my Hormone Balance Reset Plan)
+ Pesto + Goat Cheese Sweet Potato Pizzas (available in my Fertility Boosting Fundamentals Guide)
+ Beet Hummus (available in my Hormone Balance Reset Plan)
+ Stress-Reducing Rocky Road Fudge (probably my favorite holiday treat EVER)
+ Healthy Sea Salt Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls (close second fave)
+ No-Bake Coconut Snowballs (available in my Hormone Balance Reset Plan)
+ 5-Minute Fudgy Molten Lava Chocolate Cake (available in my Fertility Boosting Fundamentals Guide)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 squares Hu Dark Chocolate, you can use my code LAUREN for 15% off
- 1 tbsp Navitas Organics Cacao + Reishi Powder
- 1 pinch sea salt (about ⅛ tsp)
- 12 oz (about 1½ cups) nut milk of choice (I love Brazil nut milk for thyroid support)
- 1-2 dates, pitted and chopped or 1-2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 drop pure peppermint essential oil (I like doterra) or 1-2 drops peppermint extract
- optional serving of collagen protein powder (I love this brand)
- In a small stovetop pot heat 1 tbsp coconut oil ad 2 squares high quality dark chocolate (I love Hu Kitchen) until melted.
- Stir in 1 tbsp navitas organics cacao and reishi mushroom powder (can sub for regular cacao) and a pinch of sea salt.
- Stir in 12 ounces (about 1½ cups) nut milk of choice and add 1-2 dates (pitted + chopped) or 1 -2 tbsp maple syrup to sweeten.
- Heat over medium heat, 2-3 minutes, until steaming (do not boil, it will mess with the texture of the milk).
- Remove from heat, add in 1 drop pure peppermint essential oil or 1-2 drops peppermint extract as well as optional collagen powder and pour mixture into your blender, pulsing for 10 seconds until frothy and creamy. ⠀
- Serve immediately in a mug of choice.
- Gut-Friendly Roasted Pumpkin + Forbidden Rice Holiday Salad w/ Maple Tahini Dressing - November 24, 2020
- 2020 Healthy Holiday Gift Guide + Discount Codes & Deals - November 19, 2020
- 9 Tips To Support Your Hormones + Health During The Holidays - November 11, 2020