PMS Cravings? Satisfy Them In A Healthier Way With These Flourless Fudgy Peanut Butter Dark Chocolate Chunk Brownies
Listen friends, if you do one thing this month, let it be making a batch of these Flourless Fudgy Peanut Butter Dark Chocolate Chunk Brownies.
Not only are they as good as they sound, but they’re super easy to make and loaded with nutrient-dense and hormone balancing ingredients to boot!
And if you’re a woman still having your monthly cycle, these brownies would be an optimal way to satisfy any sweet/carb cravings you may be having the week before your period/when PMS strikes. This is because they’re rich in nutrients that work to promote a healthy menstrual cycle and balance blood sugar, which is critical for stabilizing your mood and energy levels during this phase.
Snag the details below or skip straight to the recipe, I certainly don’t blame you if you do.
PMS – REDUCING BENEFITS
+ Dark Chocolate/Cacao
Dark chocolate (70% cacao or higher) is rich in magnesium, which helps lower prostaglandins, hormone-like substances that cause cramping. It also supports pituitary health, helping to signal the release of FSH and LH, necessary for a healthy menstrual cycle and fertility.
+ Organic Peanut Butter
Peanut butter contains a high amount of B-vitamins, which work to support liver detoxification in order to move estrogen effectively out of the body. It’s also rich in zinc, making it an ideal food to add during your period too, as it will work to remineralize your blood. Make sure to purchase organic peanut butter without any added oils or sugars.
+ Pasture-Raised Eggs
Eggs are an ideal source of B-vitamins, and as long as they have been pasture-raised will also contain a high amount of anti-inflammatory omega-3’s, which work to balance out -inflammatory omegas, that can cause prostaglandins to rise and create painful menstrual cramps.
+ Insulin-Regulating Foods
Blood sugar imbalance is a major trigger for hormone imbalance. Too much insulin causes your body to convert too much testosterone to estrogen, leading to estrogen dominance and mood swings, heavy periods, low libido and bloating.
Adding in enough quality fats, protein and fiber to each meal will help to balance your insulin levels. This brownie recipe is rich in both protein and healthy fats (peanut butter, eggs) which work to balance out any added sugar and provide you with an optimal way to satisfy your sweet tooth.
Need more recipes/tips/tools to help you reduce uncomfortable PMS symptoms like cramping, bloat, fatigue, breakouts, mood swings and headaches? Try My Doctor-Approved 28-Day Hormone Balance Reset Plan.
- 2 cups organic, creamy peanut butter
- 2 pasture-raised organic eggs
- 2 cups dark chocolate chopped into chunks, or use chips (I used Lily's)
- 1 cup pure maple syrup
- ½ cup cacao powder
- 4 dates, pitted, chopped and soaked in hot water for 10 minutes (or use date paste)
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Himalayan Pink Sea Salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a large bowl, beat the maple syrup and dates with a blender or mixer until creamy
- Blend in peanut butter, then slowly add eggs and vanilla extract
- Add cacao, baking soda and ½ of the tsp of sea salt (save the other ½ to sprinkle on top). Mix until well incorporated
- Add in 1½ cups of the dark chocolate chunks or chips by hand (reserve ½ cup to sprinkle on top)
- Pour batter into 8×8 parchment lined pan and bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes (should still be a bit gooey in the center)
- When finished sprinkle with additional sea salt, then let cool before serving
Latest posts by Lauren Chambers (see all)
- Balance Blood Sugar + Hormones With This Fudgy Brownie Batter Hummus - February 26, 2020
- How to Boost Your Libido + Have Better Sex By Naturally Balancing Your Hormones - February 18, 2020
- Mood-Boosting No-Bake Fudgy Red Velvet Cake Balls + CBD Cream Cheese Frosting (Paleo/Vegan) - February 12, 2020