Life-Changing Dark Chocolate Chunk Banana Bread (Paleo + Refined-Sugar Free)
I know calling a loaf of banana bread “life-changing” might be a bit over the top, but just hear me out on this one.
WHY THIS HEALTHY BANANA BREAD IS LIFE-CHANGING
+ It’s super easy to make, requiring just one-bowl, 10 ingredients and 40 minutes in the oven
+ It makes your entire house smell way better than any candle could, at a fraction of the price
+ It’s made with clean, real ingredients that help to promote your health, instead of detract from it
+ It’s free of common inflammatory triggers such as gluten, grains, dairy and refined sugars
+ It makes a lovely gift or kind gesture (I’ve made it for countless people and they have all been STOKED on it)
+ It’s the most effective gateway drug to healthy eating out there (i.e. bake it for those stubborn healthy-food critics and they’re guaranteed to convert, or at least acquiesce enough to enjoy it :))
While they’re all worthy attributes, the last one is the most meaningful to me, and truly why I enjoy feel good food recipe creation so much.
Because I FIRMLY believe food has to be delicious and enjoyable, otherwise people won’t want to eat it and the relationship to it won’t be a positive one.
I’ve had so many clients and people in general tell me they never ate what they considered to be “healthy” because it wasn’t appealing or didn’t taste good. But as soon as they’re able to enjoy a meal or recipe that fuels their body physically and their minds with joy because of how good it tastes — it’s a life-changing moment.
Hence this “life-changing” banana bread recipe, which is what I consider a true testament to food that tastes good and makes you feel good too.
Hope you and your loved ones enjoy as much as I do!
Life-Changing Dark Chocolate Chunk Banana Bread (Paleo + Refined-Sugar-Free)
Aptly named, this "life-changing'' dark chocolate chunk banana bread is one of those recipes that will convert even the pickiest of eaters. Made with all real, clean ingredients and simple to make, the finished product yields moist, dense, slightly salty and sweet. Just like the original, minus the sugar-coma or uncomfortable dietary side effects of traditional banana bread.
- 2 cups very ripe banana, mashed with a fork (approximately 6 bananas)
- Optional 2 bananas, halved length-wise (for topping)
- 2 pasture-raised eggs
- ⅔ cup pure maple syrup
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups Bob's Red Mill Paleo Baking Mix
- ½ tsp sea salt (plus more for topping)
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ⅔ cup dark chocolate chips or chunks
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix the mashed banana, coconut oil, maple syrup, eggs and vanilla extract in a large bowl with a hand whisk.
- Add paleo baking flour, baking soda and salt. Mix batter together with whisk, then add chocolate chips/chunks, reserving a handful to sprinkle on top.
- Pour into a 9 x 5″ loaf pan lined with parchment paper.
- Gently lay the halved banana slices on top of the batter (this step is optional but really pretty) and sprinkle with additional dark chocolate chips and sea salt.
- Bake 40 minutes, then broil for an additional 2-3 minutes until top is caramelized and golden brown.
- Let cool and try not to eat all in one sitting.
Latest posts by Lauren Chambers (see all)
- Mood-Boosting No-Bake Fudgy Red Velvet Cake Balls + CBD Cream Cheese Frosting (Paleo/Vegan) - February 12, 2020
- PMS Cravings? Satisfy Them In A Healthier Way With These Flourless Fudgy Peanut Butter Dark Chocolate Chunk Brownies - February 5, 2020
- Reduce PMS with This Maple Banana Walnut Oat Bake + Other Tips - January 29, 2020