TACOS ARE MY LOVE LANGUAGE.
No but seriously, we usually eat tacos about twice a week here at the Chambers household, and nobody’s mad about it.
While there are lots of cool things about tacos (delicious – check, easy to make – check, check) I think my favorite thing about them is the sneaky vehicle they make for nutrient-dense ingredients and health-boosting add-ons that actually optimize the flavor profile.
Think zesty salsas loaded with antioxidant-rich tomatoes and herbs, creamy guacamole brimming with heart-healthy fats, or roasted sweet potatoes filled with fiber.
Or in this case, these Roasted Chipotle Cauliflower Tacos with Quick Chipotle Aioli.
Let’s just say I not-so-secretly call this cauliflower “crack” for a reason. Roasting it with avocado oil, lots of garlic and sea salt caramelizes the cauliflower, with lots of little crispy, garlicky florets you won’t be able to stop eating (kind of like crack, not that I’d actually know, but that’s how I envision it being).
Then it’s tossed in a simple, zesty, slightly spicy and sweet chipotle sauce and smothered with a creamy, quick chipotle aioli. Stuff it in some Siete Foods Almond Flour Tortillas, top it with thinly sliced cabbage and radish and finish it all off with some guac and you’ve got your new favorite taco, like ever.
Oh and as for the health benefits, besides the fact that yes cauliflower is a vegetable, it’s also a highly-effective ingredient and hormone-balancer in a multitude of ways.
HEALTH + HORMONE-BALANCING BENEFITS OF CAULIFLOWER
Cauliflower is a cruciferous vegetable loaded with sulfur-containing compounds like glucosinolates. These glucosinolates support the body and help achieve hormone balance in a myriad of ways including —
Stimulates phase 2 enzymes, which are the body’s natural antioxidant system that blocks free radical damage
Supports the liver’s overall function and detoxification, aiding in effective removal of waste and other toxins (toxic buildup or ineffective waste removal is a key culprit of hormone imbalance)
+ Gut Health
Protects the lining of the stomach, helping to reduce leaky gut syndrome (gut health is a key component of hormone health)
+ Nutrient Absorption
Prevents bacterial overgrowth from occurring in the gut microflora, allowing good bacteria to thrive and optimizing digestion and absorption of nutrients (deficiencies in nutrients are a lead symptom in hormone imbalance)
+ Estrogen Removal
Helps to effectively and safely remove estrogen from the body (estrogen dominance is common in many women due to exposure to toxins, birth control pills, processed foods etc. and comes with PMS, fertility issues and other uncomfortable symptoms)
PS — Take this free quiz to find out whether or not you may have a hormone imbalance!
So yeah, this recipe is basically a no-brainer in my book. Perfect for summer days when you’re craving something healthy, fresh and delicious or looking for a little extra boost to help you look and feel your best.
Oh, and if you’re worried about the men in your life agreeing to eat a taco sans meat, these are the MLH’s (meat-lovin’ hubby’s) #1 taco of choice.
Want more hormone-balancing recipes, cooking tips, grocery staples & support? Try my 28-Day Hormone Balance Reset Plan.
Hormone-Balancing Chipotle Cauliflower Tacos
These roasted chipotle tacos are insanely tasty, easy to make and sneak in health-boosting + hormone balancing ingredients.
For the Tacos:
- 1 large head organic cauliflower, chopped and broken up into bite-size florets
- 4 tbsp avocado oil
- 4-8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- cracked black pepper
- 2 tsp chipotle adobo sauce (NOT the peppers)
- 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice (½ a lime, squeezed)
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
For the Chipotle Aioli:
- ½ cup clean mayo (I like Primal Kitchen)
- ½ cup sour cream (I like lactose-free Green Valley Organics)
- ¼ cup chipotle adobo sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp sea salt
For Serving/Topping Options:
- Preheat oven to 425. Line a large pan with parchment paper, spread chopped cauliflower florets evenly in pan and drizzle with 2 of the 4 tbsp of avocado oil, minced garlic, salt and pepper. Roast at 425 for 30-35 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- While cauliflower is roasting, mix the remaining cauliflower ingredients together in a bowl (the chipotle adobo sauce, lime juice, cilantro, remaining avocado oil and honey/maple syrup). Set aside.
- Mix together chipotle aioli ingredients together in a bowl and set aside.
- Get any other taco fixings ready.
- When cauliflower is finished cooking, toss with the cauliflower chipotle sauce.
- Serve in tortillas topped with chipotle aioli and any other fixings.
- Best Supplements and Herbs To Balance Female Hormones Naturally - May 3, 2021
- Common Symptoms of Hormonal Imbalance in Women + What To Do About It - April 30, 2021
- Gut-Friendly Instant Pot BBQ Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes - April 19, 2021