Another summer week, another summer salad, amiright?!
As I mentioned before, I’m a big fan of cooking less during summer to enjoy more of my free-time outside.
That doesn’t mean eating less, or eating less deliciously, rather being more efficient with my meals, and this BLTA Salad Bowl + Creamy Dairy-free Caesar Dressing helps me do just that.
The only cooking required is the bacon, which I like to do a big batch once and then keep in the fridge to add flavor to meals throughout the week.
The creamy dairy-free caesar dressing is super easy to make (just whisk all the ingredients together in a bowl) and adds major flavor to this dish. I also love to use it as a condiment with grilled burgers, on pasta salads, or as a dip for roasted potatoes or raw veggies.
Last but certainly not least, this recipe highlights some of summer’s best produce — crisp lettuce leaves, buttery avocado and juicy tomatoes. It just doesn’t get much better than this.
Most salads are an optimal meal to consume during your ovulatory phase, as your body thrives off of raw, fresh produce and lighter meals (heavy meals during this time can make you feel very lethargic). If you want to up the ante on hormone-healing benefits, you can try sprinkling this salad with either pumpkin or sunflower seeds (depending on where you are in your cycle) to practice seed-cycling, or try swapping the chicken with grilled salmon for some additional anti-inflammatory omega-3 fatty acids (key for optimizing fertility and a healthy menstrual cycle).
Need more recipes, meal ideas + lifestyle tips to help you balance your hormones + feel your best? Check out my 28-Day Hormone Balance Reset Plan.
- For the Salad Bowl:
- 4-6 cups of either butter leaf, bibb or romaine lettuce (approximately 1 large container or 2 small)
- 1 heaping cup cherry or mixed heirloom tomatoes, halved
- 1 large avocado, chopped
- 4 pieces of high quality bacon, cooked (I like the Wellshire brand or purchasing from local farms)
- 1 large breast of organic rotisserie chicken, shredded, or 2 small chicken breasts, cooked/grilled
- Optional toppings: sliced cucumbers, fresh herbs like parsley + dill, lemon wedges, red pepper flakes
- For the Creamy Dairy-Free Caesar Dressing:
- 1 cup clean mayo, such as Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil Mayo
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 heaping tsp anchovy paste
- 1 heaping tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp GF Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Optional: ½ cup dairy-free parmesan such as Follow Your Heart or Violife
- If bacon is uncooked, start cooking, following package instructions.
- While cooking, assemble your other salad bowl ingredients (chopping tomatoes, shredding rotisserie chicken (or grilling chicken), slicing avocado, tearing lettuce leaves, etc.) Once finished, set aside.
- Whisk together all of the Creamy Dairy-Free Caesar Dressing ingredients together in a medium-sized bowl and set aside.
- Once all salad toppings are ready, combine in a large bowl.
- Drizzle the creamy dressing on top, reserving extra to use later (dressing should make at least 4 servings). Toss to combine and serve.
- Gut-Friendly Roasted Pumpkin + Forbidden Rice Holiday Salad w/ Maple Tahini Dressing - November 24, 2020
- 2020 Healthy Holiday Gift Guide + Discount Codes & Deals - November 19, 2020
- 9 Tips To Support Your Hormones + Health During The Holidays - November 11, 2020